The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jsmooth

jsmooth

price action now is shit, moving the stop up...4135 level

#221     May 25, 2011
  2. jsmooth

jsmooth

fuck, no more posting, got me stopped out on bullshit...ill catch you all back later

#222     May 25, 2011
  3. jsmooth

jsmooth

We are kinda getting some of the same setups tonight....PP +/- 1 @ 4134 (tight)...right at the WK OR (4130)...rallied right out the gate in australia. 4200 is a key level today, if we fail up there the daily is going to show a nice downtrend trend line for next week (and just a range bound mkt in a smaller time frame chart).

I think the reversal levels are again around 4120, but being a Fri into a three day USA weekend i dont think you'll see much follow through after an 11 ET US. I dont think we can really see a big C down type trade down through those levels.

Best trades are probably looking for a long with stops around the LOD and WK OR 4130 area and PP, but i dont thin we'll get any good setups.

My trade right now would probably to place some resting SS Stop limits below those daily and weekly OR numbers, and try to get long now around high 60's-70's with some initial stops under the 50 handle, then watch the 30 handle for support.

Keep your eye on the YEN...once we break 80, its going to test those earthquake 70 lows...

#223     May 26, 2011
  4. jsmooth

jsmooth

im bidding (smaller size, bigger stops) for some 4165's, stops 4148's. target continued up move.

#224     May 26, 2011
  5. jsmooth

jsmooth

mkt is 76x77...you got a good trade here buy big size at 76 stops under 69

#225     May 26, 2011
  6. jsmooth

jsmooth

stopped out on that

#226     May 26, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, I guess there was follow through on that weekly A up after all. Traded right up to the ATR to the exact tick.

#227     May 27, 2011
  8. This is a great thread and I was hoping someone who's read the book already can answer this question for me. Can the "numberline" concept be applied on any timeframe or is it meant to apply only to the "macro" timeframe?

#228     Jun 2, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

What do you mean by any timeframe? Macro implies longer then intra-day. And since the numberline is rolling, there really is no max time frame.

#229     Jun 2, 2011
  10. Well, "macro" can also just refer to covering a large number of time units, even if the time units themselves are relatively small, e.g. hourly bars, or refer to simply a timeframe higher than the one you trade in, e.g. a daily indicator for someone who day trades, but I see your point.

I guess I was wondering if the numberline is, as they say, "fractal" so you could calculate it intraday, even if the calculation spanned multiple days using your selected time periodicity, so I could calculate a numberline for the hourly trend, or if you would just apply it at a daily or higher level.

#230     Jun 2, 2011