The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey jsmooth, how did that trade work out? Curious how you managed that trade.

#211     May 25, 2011
  2. jsmooth

jsmooth

6E trading around 4130-4140 level....

using some of those same weekly opening OR values and WK high prints, we can really use those values to start looking for some longs now....i think we can extend the time frame out too, look at the daily chart, we are setting up for a nice breakout from a triangle pattern, and a downside drop was already rejected Monday morning on bad news from the EU, so we start moving back up we can have a up breakout bias.

AUD open was around 4080 and a PP from the CME settlement prices is 4063 +/-4 (tight PP), so....so we got levels to use, trade above 4130 is bullish (also WK High prints), plus we above 4100 handle (being that level was minor Res the past few days and round number).

Time to start getting long IMO, we are breaking out of that triangle on the daily. I would then be watching the 4130 level as real tight stop to get long on a longer time frame move...

I'd also be putting some big size Short sell stop limits below 4078, and add more into breaks below new lows....i'd see that as a C down type trade through a tight PP....we would def make some new WK lows (and we should close on the lows of a weekly chart) if that trade develops IMO.

Just my opinion, whats everyone else think, or you just watching American Idol???

#212     May 25, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

My weekly A up is at 1.4133. However, we have a confirmed monthly A down. So I would not be looking for any longs here. Rather I think this is a great short if we fail at this level. Also, we are going into month end so I don't like to initiate new trades at month end as there tends to be no follow through.

#213     May 25, 2011
    Assuncaobr likes this.
  4. jsmooth

jsmooth

I used the levels the past few days, long now, just watching the 4130, 4100 for support and Day high as Res....dont like that the HOD was a round number, usually in the overnight session/slow session, you can really sell into that, if we cant break that (now, it will be a nice move till EU opens), if no break we'll trade back down and take out all the early longs (like me buying now), it wont be time to buy till early tom. morning....thats what im watching right now

#214     May 25, 2011
  5. jsmooth

jsmooth

Mav, you getting a tight PP Range for today/tomorow? you think we'll see a volitile session? I am.

#215     May 25, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah, it's pretty tight. The one thing you have going for you on the long side is the confirmed weekly A up in crude. However the spoos failed today. I'm not terribly bullish on risk assets right now as they all have confirmed monthly A downs. I'm not terribly bullish on volatility right now. We do have month end window dressing in equities though the next few days, might give risk assets a boost.

#216     May 25, 2011
  7. jsmooth

jsmooth

GREAT POST, seriously! you just opened my eyes to another way to look at the mkts with ACD

#217     May 25, 2011
  8. jsmooth

jsmooth

Im bidding more and adding size here, 4128-35...and moving my normal stop to more cars....if we starts trading low20s on volume ill be out and looking for something else

#218     May 25, 2011
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

nice, over 4150+ moving stops around 4120 area, and watching YEN failure at this high is my sig to get out of 6e/usd or trade into the 20s, going to roll some stops though and let some ride

#219     May 25, 2011
  10. jsmooth

jsmooth

bought a few more on this way up, stops on all at 4125 on everything...playing a bigger move/breakout...time to just wait

#220     May 25, 2011