The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jsmooth

jsmooth

Here is a PDF of some of the spreadsheets i use each day to get my levels for the ACD to trade...when it comes to the ES and SPY i have a few of them that i'll look at, and for currencys and energies its basically the same but with some added values showing the Asia/London OR and those PP (but that gives you a good idea)..stocks i keep it simple...ATR(30) x .25 = Aup value; C is around ATR(30)x.05; Also with SPY and ES i like to note the 7:30am price OR (if a number comes out)....In my opion the OR for spooz should be 7:30ct.

Commodities....basically the same thing, but i'll again use two OR's, Pit/Options Open 7:15 open and 8:30 open...

the MAIN thing i watch is the days OR in relation to the Week and Month OR....i'll be a buyer right out the open if the days OR is above the Week, Month, YR....i just buy it with a stop under the day OR with a hope of a trend day in that direction....and i'lll use the WK, MN, YR OR as price targets for other moves)....As for Cup/downs....i'll just use the opening print price with buy/sell stop limit orders...if the trade doesnt work right away on those, your seeing one of those mkt profiles that sees a few ticks of range expansion then back to a normal dist...GREAT trade to flip your position.

Mav, If you use ACD to trade stocks, IMO, Liquidity plays a HUGE facture if you trade size....ACD got me short at the absolute high on TZOO 1-2 weeks ago, i SS 2k shares, but the huge BxA spread on just random noise got me out before the single day 10pt drop (within a few mintues)...IMO ACD works best in mkts that are purely supply and demand driven, commodity/FX futures...(you can really capitilize on the ppl that are on the wrong side of the mkt)...

#201     May 11, 2011
    Assuncaobr and punisher like this.
  2. jsmooth

jsmooth

stocks

#202     May 11, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's always interesting to see how other people use ACD. I use it very differently then you. But again, I made it fit with my personality. It's cool to see how others set up there spreadsheets. I absolutely agree that supply and demand driven markets are where this shines, especially intra-day. Thanks for posting that!

#203     May 11, 2011
  4. MrFuture

MrFuture

I gotta say I agree with Maverick....the real strenght of the system is that it forces you to be disciplined....losses will come, but if you follow the main idea, you'll see that the winners in the long run will crush the losers.

I am also making changes to it that accomodate my trading, but in the end the main idea of respecting important levels remains.

I am impressed.

#204     May 12, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

In case you guys missed it, here it is.

<object id="cnbcplayer" height="380" width="400" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" >
    <param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
    <param name="quality" value="best"/>
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000021739/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
    <embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000021739/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>

Here is the link in case you just see a blank space again. Scroll down, the video is on the bottom.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43007805

#205     May 12, 2011
  6. MrFuture

MrFuture

My advice of the day...

...if you are using ACD to daytrade, avoid getting into positions in which the OR (or any other range you may use as reference) is too wide....always check what is the ATR of that particular stock/commodity/currency you want to trade...and if the OR is too wide, leaving no upside or downside room left...don't bother trading...'cause chances are, the trade won't go anywhere and will get you out at a loss.....

#206     May 13, 2011
    OSOROCKS likes this.
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I created a ratio that I use to put on my charts that simply shows the opening range divided by the ATR. That was very helpful. But wide opening ranges give you great fade trades especially into long term trends.

#207     May 13, 2011
  8. MrFuture

MrFuture

Not sure if it is just me, but perfect example of F----- U trade today with Crude oil....

#208     May 13, 2011
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

ACD is giving me major sell signals on 6E now....shorting against the 4130 level as the long/short bias...we may see a major move

#209     May 22, 2011
  10. jsmooth

jsmooth

I think we can sell these 4080 in size with a 10 tick stop, we going to fall...lets risk 10 ticks on this

#210     May 22, 2011