The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Hello, may I ask what do you think is the best software to go with this system ? I have an old metastock that I have to change ...

thank you !

#161     Apr 18, 2011
  2. His main point is that the fed's balance sheet is so large that they will be able to monetize the debt easily; that is that there is so much paper/yield being rolled over it creates a permanent QE so to speak, which is inflationary, also I think its important to understand the underlying mechanism of how the fed actually increases money supply etc., this takes some study but will give you a better understanding of what's really going on. I don't like the Oliver Stone approach to the markets, basically most of what the fed is doing is right out in the open, the price of gold says alot about where we are with inflation. I have been thinking alot about this and my guess is that long bonds (price not the rate/yield) is a smart move, I would not be surprised to see some negative macro event take attention away from qe ending, the result of this being a flight to safety, that will put a bid to treasuries in short order. Good trading. :)

#162     Apr 18, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I currently use it with Thinkscript but also had it coded up on Trade Station and E-Signal. As long as you have access to historical data, it doesn't really matter.

#163     Apr 18, 2011
  4. Thank for your reply Maverik, any reason why you use Thinkscript rather than Tradestation or E-signal ? did you code yourself or is it possible to buy it ?

#164     Apr 19, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I like the versatility of Thinkscript better and the scripts are stored on their servers. E-signal is a resource hog and I never really liked using it. Trade Station was fine but overly complicated. I do not code myself. A friend wrote the code for me on all three.

#165     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Hey, screw New York, how about a good old Midwest meet up? Up here in Milwaukee I never meet traders. And we actually have a couple of hedge funds running up here. I don't qualify for those circles. lol I constantly have the "what do you do conversation" and when I say I trade futures, they ask what stock is a good one now. I've given up explaining futures. I need to start being more active with my IRA so I can start giving stock recommendations.
    I use ACD at a base level, and have found it to be helpful. I would love to hear about different layers to fine tune my approach, or at least look at and decide if it helps.

#166     Apr 19, 2011
  7. jsmooth

jsmooth

There was some nice acd setups in may silver today to get you long and short...tues open was (overnight) HOD 4345, week open 4310, and 2 tick +/- pivot of 4290. _Acd, or just trading the pivots and opening ranges would have got you short down to the pivot (right after NYC open), and gave you some longs/buy covers at the pivot and even better longs back through the 4310 (wk OR), then a nice break out to add into new contract highs above 4345 (Aussie/day open)...I would consider that more or less a c up trade using buy stop limits to initiate or add above the 4310 or 4290 pivot long setups. _As for all those setups you can easily use them with 10 tick stops and time stops on the buy stop limit orders. _

I don't frequent ET too much, wish I would have read this forum a few days ago...
    TAcalender...I'm in mequon, and just yesterday I was down on Water st for happy hour with some Goldman I-bankers up from Chi for Passover and some of the St Francis hedge fund guys (conv bond arbs) your probably referring too. _I'll shoot you and email next time we get together downtown...

Mav, I'll shoot you and email, I'll be down in chi in the next week or so I'll let you know....sorry I missed your last messages, haven't really been on ET these past few months and took a short break from trading..

Anyone use any of the acd methods to trade spreads?...I really think there are some good cl crack spread opportunities and 2/10yr yield spreads up here...just wish I had some acd or pivot setups to lean on in the spread markets.

#167     Apr 19, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I haven't trade spreads before with it but I have graphed spreads based on ACD signals and it seems to work. It seems to identify relationships that stat correlation guys miss. In other words, finding trades that are less obvious. Mark Fisher in one of his last videos from Vegas talked about trading spreads. But more unconventional spreads.

Sure let me know when you are in town. I assume you moved up to the Milwaukee area. How do you like it up there?

#168     Apr 19, 2011
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

I got long some may nat gas at 4290 stops below LOD, 77, and then I'd flip short stops above 86 then, based on Aussie and Asia opening...nat gas is such a thin mkt at this time of night tho

#169     Apr 19, 2011
  10. jsmooth

jsmooth

Also got some sell short limits on June euro at 4613(stop), 4609 limit...if we break below 14 going to be a lot of longs stuck going to be a nice move even on higher timeframes. That trade should get hit should break immediately, stop would be on price action or at max 15-20 ticks.

#170     Apr 19, 2011