The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. MacR

MacR

Red,
    Have tried going through his posts and tapes. To my dismay I have never found the video formula I think your speaking of. We may be speaking of something different.
    Thanks for the reply. Take Care!

#14141     Jul 31, 2020
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

There was one video, no idea where it is where Mark talks about criticism of his book that he did not provide a formula, and he then just tells to the audience. Wish I could remember it. Something to do with percentage or range of the move.

#14142     Jul 31, 2020
  3. If you're referencing the A values then it's .25 daily ATR(14) outside of the OR. Obviously both the percentage and ATR are something you can fine tune, but the defaults work well too.

#14143     Jul 31, 2020
    .sigma likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Sounds about right

#14144     Aug 1, 2020
  5. MacR

MacR

Red, Delta -
    Thank you for taking your the time to reply. I will try that and see what it looks like.
    Again thanks and great day!

#14145     Aug 1, 2020
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

One more thing to consider. Oil for example now trades 23/5, it is only closed between 5-6 EST. does the strategy even have merit since there is no open anymore so to speak?

#14146     Aug 1, 2020
  7. What would be the score when there's confirmed A up, then hits B, and then again A up? I'm guessing +2 but not sure, could be 0 as well?!

#14147     Dec 24, 2020
  8. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

:D
    A long time ago, I came across this vid, there are a few things that he says that really stand out and flash lights, 1) its about the need for discipline, 2) when he compares traders to boxers, jab-stop out, jab-stop out and repeat, and only losing a little at a time, then the home run comes in or you reach your max loss for the day and you walk away. Discipline and this type of trading method go hand in hand. There is more I can share, but I need to refill my drink with eggnog. :rolleyes:

#14148     Dec 24, 2020
    .sigma likes this.
  9. .sigma

.sigma

Mav74, hands down the best ACD trader on this forum, I learned so much from his posts. Still read them to this day. He made me buy a copy of “The Logical Trader”, I’m still trying to figure out how to apply ACD to my trading.

#14149     Dec 26, 2020
    Zodiac4u likes this.
  10. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Since you followed MAV's ACD posts, off the cuff what were the losses on average when the specific entry didn't work out? Per try? and was there a max total loss for the day?

#14150     Dec 26, 2020