The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. OSOROCKS

OSOROCKS

Juicy A downs on all indexes today.

#14131     Mar 4, 2019
  2. All of my 5 Day Number Lines are negative, with VIX threatening to turn positive.

#14132     Mar 7, 2019
  3. Followed this thread a ways back and recently returned to trading and haven’t caught up on a the rest of the thread.

As far as forex goes, has their been any consensus on which opening (OR) and closing times should be used? I am guessing London since it’s most active?

I am closing time in order to draw a cut off time when scoring each day for the number line, etc

#14133     Mar 29, 2019
  4. I use 02:00 AM CT as opening time for currencies and 16:00 CT as closing. This would approximate the London open. To me London opening makes the most sense because you can clearly see the trading volume picking up at that time.

#14134     Apr 2, 2019
    kinggyppo likes this.
  5. Thanks. I was figuring this was the way to go. I know Fisher mentioned using the open of each main currencies time of trading ( ie JPY) but I figured the London was the best of all and was just looking for feedback on the practical level.

#14135     Apr 2, 2019
  6. vk60546

vk60546

I found this gem on youtube, sorry if it was posted here already but there is a youtube video series of the ACD traiding method

Also, I'd like to clarify the ACD method for the AMD stock for 4/9/2019 (as an example), if someone could explain this to me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

#14136     Apr 10, 2019
    Zodiac4u likes this.
  7. wow12

wow12

This place (thread) has really gone quiet / downhill, I guess Mav was really the heart and soul of this thread. Does any1 know what happened to the old frequent posters on this thread? I may start posting when I have more time available maybe late march, but if this thread has been long dead and buried I won't touch it.

#14137     Feb 23, 2020
  8. MacR

MacR

Wow,
    I will certainly agree with you regarding Mav. He has poured a lot of time and effort into assisting many in this thread. It is not the same. Circumstances or endeavors I bless him and wish him well in the future.

#14138     Jul 21, 2020
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

One of the first system I tried when was venturing into trading. Did not work, but then again used it not per book. Also, took a while to find video where he gives formula.

#14139     Jul 21, 2020
  10. easymon1

easymon1

Opening Range
    question, what is a 'signif amount' outside of - that opening range.
    how do we define signif amount in light of the context he presents?
    cued...

is his thesis paper online?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    #14140     Jul 23, 2020