The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

When does part 2 come? :)

#13751     Oct 24, 2017
  2. I'll get to it. :)

#13752     Oct 25, 2017
    themickey likes this.
  3. Man oh man I’m home with a fall cold from ……. “Who gave me this damn thing?”

So, a friend of mine who owned and operated a large independent insurance firm (since sold it and now lives the life of Riley) let me hang my S7 with them when I went back on the public dole. I just paid all fees and bought and sold a few mutual funds to keep compliance off his back.

When not on City time (and … sometimes when I was) I was studying point and figure charts, and especially bullish percentage charts, and thinking about the “First employment failure of my adult life”, with the driving thought that “I need a do over …… but on my terms.” And while that’s rumbling around in the back of my head, one day while scanning through an issue of Stocks and Commodities I read a Don Bright article and thought ……… 'that sounded like a good vacation.'

So, I called and spoke at length with a friendly ole boy named Earl Van Alstyne, and he helped get my S7 to their respective spot; I sent them $25,000 and off I went.

Honestly, I had a good time in Vegas. One week of Bright training and one week of trading and I realized this would probably not be a good thing for me to do right then. :) I remember my first trade, one of the key guys in the office (don’t remember his name but he had a hand/s/ deformity) looked over my shoulder and when I made a few bucks, he said something to the effect “Made money on your first trade, that’s bad luck.” I think he was kidding but he was difficult to read.

I had dinner on two separate occasions with Don. Once when they took the whole class to dinner, and then a second time during the second week. He was most enjoyable to listen to and if memory serves me right he didn’t mind a few cold beers. They made a good gentle pitch for me to stay but …. they got to keep my $25K for a year and then I got it all back with a little interest.

Now, about my second failure as a stockbroker ........ I don't know man, it's painful. :)

#13753     Oct 25, 2017
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You traded for Don Bright?@#?#$?#$$?#$%%? Man this is getting juicy.

#13754     Oct 25, 2017
  5. Any Seahawk fans out there? Wow!!

Please take a look at some of the pages in my weekly “BLB Market Recap & Mutual Fund Timing Newsletter” :)

>The first attachment is for depicting returns from the major indices and sectors with 7 years of annual returns and 4 periods of weekly returns. Is it easy to follow? Any suggested changes?

>The second attachment is the most recent 40 days of the SP500 providing the 25, 50, 100 and 200 day Volatility and Market Type info. The 25 and 50 day periods often provide a heads up for the 100 day.

>The third attachment is a summary of various aspects of Van Tharp inspired SP500 Volatility and Market Type info from 1962 to Friday’s close. This is the summary of the 100 day period.

>The fourth attachment follows the same symbol layout from the first attachment and provides an extended view of the 100 day.

>The fifth attachment is a continuation of the fourth.

Any of the layouts hard to follow? Any suggested changes?

With the exception of the Dow, all these indices and sectors have respective mutual funds for my family and friends to move in and out of.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

#13755     Oct 29, 2017
  6. A few good people have suggested that the first attachment, Yearly and Weekly Index Changes, have the dates at the top of the sheet and indices/sectors listed on the left. That way, you could list a great many on one page.

The issue with that layout is, you would only have a year or two of historical info and the last four weeks of returns. Is that enough? Any thoughts?

#13756     Nov 1, 2017
  7. Good Sunday to you all.

I've got a new market re-cap layout. The sectors are not completed but I kinda sorta like the way it's coming together. You get a quick look at 4 years of returns and 4 weeks of returns. A light green fill depicts the best in the group and a the light red the worst performing.

This has much better potential that the last one I posted. Many nice folks made suggestions. Thanks.

Also, here's a quick picture of the 25, 50, 100 and 200 day Market Type as defined by Van Tharp. All periods are just flat strong.

Here again is a short video where Van Tharp discusses Market Type.

#13757     Nov 5, 2017
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

ICE to launch FANG futures! Bring back the King!

#13758     Nov 7, 2017
  9. SteveM

SteveM

S&P 500 failed at my monthly A-Up today....probably meaningless considering how strong the rally has been. Just figured I'd mention it.

#13759     Nov 7, 2017
  10. koolaid

koolaid

Mav,

Anything on your watch list lately? Or anything that seems interesting market wise...?

#13760     Nov 8, 2017