The ACD Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbrowne126, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Samsara

Samsara

Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning this method Mav. I hadn't heard of Mark and wouldn't have paid attention if someone of your credibility hadn't stood behind it.

After spending some time studying it, his method and just his general way of thinking makes a lot of solid sense. It blends well with my own approach and I'm considering investing serious time incorporating aspects of it. Seems like a stand up guy too. Thanks again, seriously.

Also nice article, surf.

#91     Feb 9, 2011
  2. What is the name of mark's CTA?

#92     Feb 10, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

His management company is called MBF Asset Management. It looks like they are re-building the site as we speak. Not sure specifically what the name of the CTA is.

#93     Feb 10, 2011
  4. Your post came off as someone I listen to.

That’s a damn fine nugget of information and I’m surprised more people haven’t mentioned that. What you say makes perfect sense as I’ve been spending far too much time in the obvious area.

I’m hopeful that I’ll see the tie in and a way to use EOD data with the ACD methodology. Currently I swing trade breakouts. Scan at night, look for best PA and take my best guess.

If anyone is interested I picked up the book yesterday and my method of learning is to scan, then quick read and finally to slow read and type key points, observations and questions (I type very fast thanks to the Army).

Here’s my first chapter notes.

#94     Feb 10, 2011
    #95     Feb 10, 2011
  6. Samsara

Samsara

Thanks for your notes man, seriously.

Down the road, if you keep this alias, I'd consider helping you out likewise if I can put together some tools related to this method.

#96     Feb 11, 2011
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

#97     Feb 11, 2011
  8. FM: There has been a strong belief in many corners that speculators in general and long-only commodity funds specifically are distorting the price of oil. Where do you stand on this?

MF: That is rubbish. Basically if you look at the [commodities] that don’t trade on futures markets – coal, iron ore, uranium and those with a limited market like rubber, LNG (liquefied natural gas) or rice – they went up just as much as those [commodities] that trade on active futures markets. People who believe that will believe anything. You can blame the governments themselves because of all this quantitative easing and printing money will end up someplace. So the money went into commodities. Because commodity markets are so much smaller than the equity and debt markets, it is a huge tidal wave that gets reflected in price. So I don’t think you can blame speculators. You should blame the printing presses, not the speculators.

word.

#98     Feb 11, 2011
  9. As with anyone in the futures business, you can search NFA for his activites -- http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/ -- in this case, using NFA ID number 0065924.

#99     Feb 11, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

#100     Feb 11, 2011