The accumulation points

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TSOKAKIS, Jan 21, 2007.

1. These yellow points seem to appear at the end of a downtrend for various indexes.

2. Where did those come from?

3. The study is under construction, stay tuned !!

DT

4. ntfs

ntfs

Will stay tuned!

Enjoyed your article in TASC.

nt

5. Thank you very much indeed.
    I hope you will also enjoy the part II. It will be released on line around Feb 15.

6. hustler

hustler

Tsokakis, that looks interesting.

Is this something you have developed?

When you say Accumulation points, do you mean accumulation as when large interest have accumulated enough stock and are ready for marking up the price, like a Wyckoffian perspective?

Kind regards,
    Hustler

7. I still work this [interesting project].
    It was quite complicated in the beginning, day by day becomes more simple and powerful, we shall see...
    The character of this accumulation is the repeated "buy" signals. They cover a wide range, 2-3 days before and 2-3 days after the "best buy" day.
    The signals before the best buy are very important, they give a repeated warning for the end of the downtrend.
    The signals after the best buy are also important, they confirm the buy signal and help avoid the probable whipsaws.
    This theory does not catch all troughs.
    Just some of them.
    So, the peculiar result is that we have no wrong signals.
    Some troughs are very clear, when you have a repeated signal for 5-6 days. This is an obvious opportunity to make some money.
    Some other troughs are not visible at all.
    In this case, you may miss the trend, but you will not loose any money.
    I do not know the Wyckoffian perspective. What is this ? Do you have any ref for this ?
    Thank you for the creative comments.
    Best,
    Dimitris

8. hustler

hustler

Dimitris,

I'm talking about the works of Richard Wyckoff, a stock market technician in the 1930, who did price and volume analysis.

I'm learning his methods. I'm just a beginner but, accumulation is one of the key aspects of his method.

9. Is there any web reference for this method ?
    TIA,
    Dimitris

10. hustler

hustler

#10     Feb 10, 2007