The ABSOLUTE best pricing in the industry! (Equities)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Sorak99, Oct 12, 2007.

1. GTC

GTC

Sorak99, suppose you do have cool-trade subscription through AmeritradeIzone, if you place a manual limit order, will you still get the reduced commission for that trade?

#41     Oct 31, 2007
  2. Sorak99

Sorak99

Jzlucas:

The ability to share strategies is a user preference. Often the “top trader” for the day is a friend of mine that does not share his strategy. But like all things the market changes and strategies must be upgraded/changed to suit the new conditions.

GTC:

When you subscribe and send the email to Izone, they remind you that only orders placed through the CoolTrade application will count toward the discounted fees. So the answer is yes.

#42     Oct 31, 2007
  3. GTC

GTC

Sorak99, Can you place manual limit orders through Cool-Trade? What type of orders can you place manually through Cool-Trade?

#43     Oct 31, 2007
  4. Sorak99

Sorak99

GTC:

One of the powers of CoolTrade is the “stealth limit order” feature. If you are familiar with Level II you know that all limit orders can be viewed on the screen.

CoolTrade keeps your orders internally/locally, so that Level II has no advantage. So while the order you place is a market order, the limits are set within the application.

#44     Nov 1, 2007
  5. GTC

GTC

I was talking about just the manually placed orders for this instance. Cool-Trade's having only "market order" even for the manually placed orders is a concern. It seems like that the orders needs to be in very small sizes even for manual orders just to avoid bad fills --specially if the orders are sent to a non-direct access broker like Izone. Besides, if the broker's quotes get messed up (like IB's for a recent example), it could be a problem. I wish Izone would allow placing some orders from its own web platform with the same reduced commission rate if someone can fulfill the minimum number of order requirements through Cool-Trade.

#45     Nov 1, 2007
  6. Sorak,

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions.

Where is my strategy stored? Is it on my local PC or on the server for Cooltrade?

Thanks

#46     Nov 19, 2007
  7. What advantage does Cool-Trade have that Izone's free StrategyDesk doesn't?

#47     Nov 19, 2007
  8. Sorak99

Sorak99

chiguy1111

They are stored on CoolTrade’s server.

jzlucas

In CT the stock list is updated daily
    In SD you have to import or type in your list.
    In CT there are over 420 (give or take a few) criteria and multiple parameters for intraday to form your rules
    In SD there are 55 criteria (give or take a few)
    In CT there are proprietary indicators (sectors) that show the market behind the DOW, NASDAQ, and S&P 500
    In SD there are none.
    In addition, CT has timed indicators, advancing and declining preferences, and continues to grow with user input.

#48     Nov 19, 2007
  9. Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

#49     Nov 19, 2007
  10. GTC

GTC

jzlucas, with Strategy Desk, one can back test at least 200 days unlike CT. With Strategy Desk, one is not limited to send just "market" order. With Strategy Desk, one can save the resulting order rather than executing it if one wishes. With Strategy Desk, you can code manually if you want to. Of course, any of these differences may only not matter if you do not have accounts with Ameritrade.

#50     Nov 23, 2007