The ABSOLUTE best pricing in the industry! (Equities)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Sorak99, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mss

mss

I cannot find these rates on the IZONE site, the CoolTrade site or the Ameritrade site. Do you have a link?

MSS

#31     Oct 18, 2007
  2. Sorak99

Sorak99

mss:

Here is the link to the rates. I am ahead of the game, advertising will soon follow.

Here are the detailed steps:

1. Log into your TD AMERITRADE Izone account at www.izone.com

2. Go to Client Services > Contact Us
    Note: You must log in FIRST, before clicking Contact Us

3. Click on SEND US EMAIL.

4. Fill in the Form as follows:

• CHOOSE A TOPIC: Client Services

• INQUIRE ABOUT: Commissions or Fees

• Type this text:

Please update my account for the CoolTrade pricing.

My CoolTrade email address is: ___________________

5. Click the green SUBMIT button at the bottom.

GTC:

Sorak99, does CoolTrade still charge penny a share extra per trade?

Still?? CoolTrade has never charged for a trade, those fees are broker specific.

Is there a way not to subscribe CoolTrade's data fee? The picture that you sent seem to indicate there is choice to have IB, MBT or Ameritrade's data feed instead.

If you have an account with IB, MB, or Izone then you can use their datafeed rather than CoolTrade's data feed. However, I doubt you can get around the subscription fee.

#32     Oct 18, 2007
  3. GTC

GTC

I did not find any customer service phone number in Cool-Trade's web-site. It is perhaps fine if the email replies are prompt. How long do they usually take to reply emails?

#33     Oct 19, 2007
  4. Sorak99

Sorak99

Usually not very long, but with this Ameritrade super deal going on they might be a little busy.

#34     Oct 19, 2007
  5. GTC

GTC

Suppose a short-sell order triggered by Cool-Trade does not get fully or partially filled by the brokerage firm, can Cool-Trade automatically cancel the respective buy (-to-cover) order? Do you use any other email than what is posted in Cool-Trade's web-site to contact their customer services? It surely seems like they do not answer inquiries in days.

#35     Oct 23, 2007
  6. from what I have found it is Genesis Securities

#36     Oct 24, 2007
  7. Sorak99

Sorak99

Suppose a short-sell order triggered by Cool-Trade does not get fully or partially filled by the brokerage firm, can Cool-Trade automatically cancel the respective buy (-to-cover) order?

I don’t know. I have never had a problem with a short going through. Perhaps my triggers are well suited for shorting but I get partial fills when I manually trade vs auto trade.

Do you use any other email than what is posted in Cool-Trade's web-site to contact their customer services? It surely seems like they do not answer inquiries in days.

I can’t speak on their behalf. I don’t know what questions you’re asking. But if it involves getting CoolTrade for free or other similar questions, then I’m sure you will take a lower priority.

But I can attest to their response time.

Oct/22/2007 1:29

shut down strategy when profit target reached

Hi Cool Trade. Since this is my first post in the forums I’ll take the opportunity to thank you for the great software and the great support.

I need to be able to shut down a strategy for the day (and immediately close out all positions) once a fixed profit target is reached. This could be part of the "Profit Requirements" tab of the Strategy Wizard. Whether the profit target has been reached would be determined by adding the realized gains and the unrealized gains.

Oct/22/2007 11:03 PM

I agree. It is a simple addition to the Automated Trader.

Also the value is already calculated and shown at the top of the Todays Order screen (on the right).

The new indicator is called TODAYS TOTAL PL.

If you want to exit all of your open positions when the TODAYS TOTAL PL is greater than $1000, use this Exit rule (tab-5):

TODAYS TOTAL PL is greater than 1000

To stop the Automated from opening new positions at the same time, use this rule in the Open Position Rules (tab-3):

TODAYS TOTAL PL is less than 1000

To get the version with this new indicator, download Beta version 5.6.1 or greater.

CT

Roughly 10 hours to change the software to suit an individual.

#37     Oct 24, 2007
  8. GTC

GTC

Sorak99, it is good to know Cool-Trade implemented your requested feature in a very short amount of time. Cool-Trade's response time is commendable. How fast do they respond when the things go wrong? Since you had accounts with different brokers, how do you compare Izone's current executions with others?

#38     Oct 25, 2007
  9. Sorak99

Sorak99

How fast do they respond when the things go wrong?

My initial response is, "Even Faster". But thinking back I can't recall very many problems. Many are user errors, including my own.

Since you had accounts with different brokers, how do you compare Izone's current executions with others?

Actually, I started with Ameritrade when I first began trading, then I moved to IB and now I'm with Izone. To be honest, I can't tell a difference.

#39     Oct 25, 2007
  10. Ive been monitoring the strategies section for a long time and noticed none have ever lasted more than a couple months. I'm assuming users spend most of their time developing and testing, as the strategies don't work very long. Please advise. Thanks.

#40     Oct 31, 2007