The ABSOLUTE best pricing in the industry! (Equities)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Sorak99, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Sorak99

Sorak99

That "Safeword" secure key is part of the reason I left IB for Ameritrade. If I don't lose or give out my login and password why should I have to use "extra security"? Even my bank doesn't require that much "security".

But thats besides the point.

How does Cool-Trade handle the automated IB login?

It doesn't anymore, when IB came out with the Safeword, CoolTrade now requires you to log into your account first, then start the CT application.

How do I set up the Interactive Brokers workstation for CoolTrade™?

Login to Trader workstation.
    Configure
    API
    Enable Active X and Socket Clients

then add a trusted IP

Or you can watch my video

P.S. No poking fun at my home made video!

#21     Oct 17, 2007
  2. Baloney. No custom indicators or strategies permitted....must use their "canned" versions.
    Tradestation still ahead.
    Now, if they had both a scripting language and point-and-click interface, that would be comparable to Tradestation.

#22     Oct 17, 2007
  3. Sorak99

Sorak99

I'm not sure where you came up with your conclusion, but you are wrongy wrong wrong!

I won't debate which is better since you probably haven't used either. Nor is it my place. But if you are going to challenge me on something I know extensively, then you better do your research.

We are all here to make money, don't hate a software because you don't understand it. Feel free to ask questions.

But because there is no demo, and so much curiosity and obviously some misconceptions.

Here are some pics:

Right click and Save as

CoolTrade
    CoolTrade
    CoolTrade
    CoolTrade
    CoolTrade

One of me using Tradestation
    Tradestation

I should make a video tour of Cool-Trade...

#23     Oct 17, 2007
  4. Don't get me wrong, Cooltrade has some really nifty features like that scanner that employes technical indicators.....very novel.

However, as with any GUI-based tool, it's going to have limitations...so, right out of the gate, it could not support my requirements. Also, I wonder now...does it support back-testing and optimization ?
    See this email from cooltrade tech support:

CoolTrade is over 2.5 millions lines of code and different components are written in different languages (C#,C++,some components are in dot Net). Why do you ask? Are you a programmer?

<B>We have exponential moving average and simple moving average, but no DEMA.</B> I’m sure it would be an easy add. Is it used for EOD or Intraday or both?

Do you already have a TD AMERITRADE Izone account? They have reduced their rates dramatically for CoolTrade members only.

Are you a CoolTrade subscriber? I do not see your email name in our database.

Ed

#24     Oct 17, 2007
  5. Sorak99

Sorak99

Heh,

CoolTrade is built on user suggestions. If it is necessary for your strategy then it goes in. Which is part of the reason that I say Customer Support is spectacular.

However, as with any GUI-based tool, it's going to have limitations...so, right out of the gate, it could not support my requirements.

I understand where your coming from. But as coders we make our own applications. If something doesn't exist and we need it, we make it. So in that aspect, Cooltrade may not be for you. But for the millions of people that cannot code, it's CoolTrade to the rescue!

Also, I wonder now...does it support back-testing and optimization ?

Please remember, CoolTrade is an automated trader with the best fees in the industry. Not a backtester or optimizer although the backtester is in beta.

I will say one thing, CoolTrade has the collective indicators from every strategy created in the CoolTrade database from amateur to professional. I'll bet that you'll learn something.

#25     Oct 17, 2007
  6. GTC

GTC

Backtesting or even custom-program trading can be done with Ameritrade's Strategy Desk. So, I guess CoolTrade comes as an extra value.

Sorak99, if I open a CoolTrade account, will I be able to place trades through CoolTrade for an IB account a few days in a month, and place trades for an Ameritrade account for other days in that month?

#26     Oct 17, 2007
  7. Sorak99

Sorak99

GTC:

Easily, you can choose and switch between brokers with a single account.

#27     Oct 17, 2007
  8. How is this done exactly ?

#28     Oct 17, 2007
  9. Sorak99

Sorak99

Just log into your other account.

Pic

#29     Oct 18, 2007
  10. GTC

GTC

Sorak99, does CoolTrade still charge penny a share extra per trade? Is there a way not to subscribe CoolTrade's data fee? The picture that you sent seem to indicate there is choice to have IB, MBT or Ameritrade's data feed instead.

#30     Oct 18, 2007