the abortion solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 21, 2003.

1. yeah, i'm on a roll today.

primitive beliefs systems, such as TM_Direct's, operate on simplistic black and white answers. the best belief systems have scales. try trading with a 5 point stop on all stocks, instead of adjusting your stop to individual stocks.

it is true, any abortion is the killing of a living organism.

imo, it is also true that life is a scale. the more consciousness you have, the more life you have. a 1 week old microscopic fetus is less a conscious being than a 9 month old baby. although they are both living, their life is not the same.

i am against partial, or even late term abortion, unless to save the mother. however, the mother should also be able to sacrifice herself to save the baby instead, if she chooses to. furthermore, if she makes this choice, she should be able to sign a paper saying it's ok to put her to sleep. NOT leaving her there to die a slow death. btw, i am for assisted suicide as well.

back to abortion. i am NOT RECOMMENDING abortion. it is not something that should be done at whim. but i do believe it should be legal early on. i'm not a biologist, so i don't know how much consciousness a fetus has after 4 weeks. don't ask me where to draw the line. basically what i'm saying is, as the fetus grows, conditions for an abortion should be stricter. the less developed, the easier.

people do need to realize, though, that when they take chances having sex, if the woman does become pregnant, she does start to sacrifice some of her rights as time progresses. i say this because she is not one person anymore.

at the same time, should a microscopic living thing run an adult woman's life? if an adult woman does not want a baby, should she be forced to let a 2 week old microscopic thing change her life?

a simple person like TM_Direct will respond here calling me a hypocrite because i defend animals on farms but am open to some types of human abortion. it's not that simple.

i will be running for president in 2028, after previously vice president, second in command to axeman or FPC.

2. 10-21-03 11:07 PM
    the abortion solution
    yeah, i'm on a roll today.

primitive beliefs systems, such as TM_Direct's, operate on simplistic black and white answers. the best belief systems have scales. try trading with a 5 point stop on all stocks, instead of adjusting your stop to individual stocks.

what would you know about stops? you trade with 2k....basically, if you lose a point your broke

it is true, any abortion is the killing of a living organism.

imo, it is also true that life is a scale. the more consciousness you have, the more life you have. a 1 week old microscopic fetus is less a conscious being than a 9 month old baby. although they are both living, their life is not the same.

i am against partial, or even late term abortion, unless to save the mother. however, the mother should also be able to sacrifice herself to save the baby instead, if she chooses to. furthermore, if she makes this choice, she should be able to sign a paper saying it's ok to put her to sleep. NOT leaving her there to die a slow death. btw, i am for assisted suicide as well.

The more you talked the more i favor assisted suicide, infact I'd like to become your personal coach and mentor to help you get over that last hurdle

back to abortion. i am NOT RECOMMENDING abortion. it is not something that should be done at whim. but i do believe it should be legal early on. i'm not a biologist, so i don't know how much consciousness a fetus has after 4 weeks. don't ask me where to draw the line. basically what i'm saying is, as the fetus grows, conditions for an abortion should be stricter. the less developed, the easier.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE solution!!! YOU ARE PURE GENIUS...pssst, Gordo....they already have this law in effect...What's next you are going to propose a seat belt law to save lives????

a simple person like TM_Direct will respond here calling me a hypocrite because i defend animals on farms but am open to some types of human abortion. it's not that simple.

Calling you a hypocrite is an embarrassment to all the legitimate hypocrites of the world, you are truly to dumb to be a hypocrite...but great solution to the abortion issue...basically, you agree with everything that is currently in effect ...but you think you are bringing a fresh approach to the issue...LOL

i will be running for president in 2028, after previously vice president, second in command to axeman or FPC.

can't argue with logic like that

:D