The “Bond King” still says: Buy Gold

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tmarket, Apr 15, 2013.

1. The Bond King has been touting gold since 09/12 ($1800) and 01/13 ($1660) and right now ($1360).

@PMICO
    Minutes ago, the Bond King just tweeted:
    Gross: OK, so I made a bad call at the Barron’s Roundtable. I would still buy gold here. World reflating.
    2:15 PM - 15 Apr 13

In case you missed it, here's an excerpt from Barron's (from January, 2013):
    ...The real risk to the financial markets is the marginal proclivity of investors to put their money in real assets, or under the mattress. Thus, my first recommendation is GLD -- the SPDR Gold Trust exchange-traded fund. It has a fee, but it is an easy way for investors to buy a real asset.
    Lots of things go into pricing gold, but real interest rates [adjusted for inflation] and expected inflation are two dominant considerations. Gold probably won't move much from current levels unless real rates decline more or inflationary expectations rise from the current 2.5% to 3%, or higher. That's what gets gold off the dime. It is a decent hedge. It doesn't earn anything, but not much else earns anything either.

2. 1) Gross is a "small" douche. :D
    2) He can't envision a deflationary scenario. :eek: :cool:

3. Yeah, sure, he's only 50,000 times richer than you.:eek:

4. Gross has lost a grip on reality.
    The world is DEFLATING, NOT REFLATING.
    1) US Fed running out of bullets
    Lower supply of money = less chance of inflation
    2) China growth slowing
    Lower demand for all goods
    3) US Employment situation still quite bad
    Lower demand for all goods

Only hope for the gold bugs is to get Iran or North Korea to initiate a nuclear war.

5. 1) Okay....Ha ha, hee hee, ho ho, two-shay! :p
    2) Do you have a poster of him taped to the ceiling above your bed? :confused: :D

6. No, but I have an autographed copy of a printed-out edition of his Investment Outlook.:D :eek:

7. After Gross dies and/or goes to jail, the value of that item could "increase". :cool:

8. I surely hope you don't secretly jack off to a ceiling picture of Robert Prechter or Gary Shilling above your bed. :confused: :D

9. And I tweeted this morning that I'm buying SLV:

@1a2b3cppp:
    Bought 185 shares USLV @ $10.81.

10. trade the chart.. not your story!

#10     Apr 15, 2013