The 98% Who Fail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Swan Noir, Jun 28, 2011.

1. emg

emg

why don't u put me on your ignore list? Seems like u are having a very very very difficulty time accepting the truth that more than 90% of small traders lose. Those that have a diffculty time accepting the truth and claiming to be a winner are really loser.

Don't u think

Do me a favor, put me on your ignore list to save yourself from embarrassing.

#11     Jun 28, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

you got it

#12     Jun 28, 2011
  3. He sure did...walked right into it...:D

NiN

#13     Jun 28, 2011
  4. I also just added EMG to my ignore list. Nothing worse than seeing his / her posts of constant negativity and lack of substance

#14     Jun 28, 2011
  5. I have added him to my ignore list as well.

#15     Jun 28, 2011
  6. Someone sent me a PM to point out that keeping fit is a prerequisite and I failed to point that out in my original post. I have just begun the long road back to fitness and their point is well taken. The better you feel the better you trade.

#16     Jun 28, 2011
  7. Crispy

Crispy

Those who fail didnt want it bad enough.

#17     Jun 28, 2011
  8. I added him also.

#18     Jun 28, 2011
  9. in the world of ET, more than 90% are winners.

--------------------------------------------------

LOL....90% of the Scrubs on this site couldn't trade pencils let alone "Trade for a Living". This site is dominated by Academics and 99ers.

Nevertheless, there are some on here whom I know personally, who have made the top 6 figures plus.

I am "Failed" as I never did make top 6 figs at Schonfeld or Last Atlantas as a Equities/Options Trader.

Yet, I found out there are other ways to make serious money that many will never have the chance to make.

I spoke to a good friend, who has put up 3 million year to year over the last 6 or so but now, they are thinking of other ways to make money. According to his observation, the edge is gone now. Unless you can swim with the HFTs, who have milla-seconds of execution time, the reward no longer is worth the risk.

All in all, over the last two years more than 50% of the successful guys I know have left trading and one joined GS and is now a top Portfolio Manager for GS in Asia.

So, 98% failure rate I believe over the long run. Sure, even I had a stella year or two. Thinking that I was on my way to buy a G6.

Of course, over the course of 8 years, I was net negative.

Do I 'Invest' my own money now. Yes, I'm able to get near 9% a month return, which includes two Producing Oil Wells that I bought into. Take away those wells , I'm around 4% per quarter on swing trades.

But I am a failed trader as I left the industry to do something else.

#19     Jun 28, 2011
  10. achilles28

achilles28

I'm guilty on all 4 counts and trade forex (dirty word) profitably, day-in, day-out. Truth be told, FX behaves no different than other markets. Yes, I'm a reactionary asshole. 3 years of all-nighters will do that to you. Trading is not hard. There are no arbitrary limitations to success except those we put on ourselves. Anybody can succeed in trading even if they haven't achieved marked success prior. That list is junk :D

#20     Jun 28, 2011