The $555,000 Student-Loan Burden

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraderZones, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Somehow in reading your post, almost everyone would get the impression that anyone with such a low intellectual level as yourself, wound up proving the opposite argument. A hamster could have presented a better case...

#71     Feb 18, 2010
  2. l2tradr

l2tradr

Following Europe's example would alleviate that. Why the heck do you need government loans, which lead to tuition increases? Budget for education through taxes already paid, and pay for tuition directly to universities, colleges, trade schools etc. Have entrance exams with limited number of seats. Can't get in? Try again next year. Like the real world, when you apply for jobs.

#72     Feb 18, 2010
  3. Its a great idea but like you said, almost impossible to implement here...its easier to spread the pain across the entire population, than just the group who doesn't belong in college to begin with.
    Also, I'm not big on regulations, but these schools shouldn't even allowed to offer half of these bs majors, and/or loans shouldn't not be given for art history, etc. I think someone may have mentioned this earlier in the thread.

#73     Feb 18, 2010
  4. The greeks thought that the elements were earth, air, fire, and water. I was making a joke about the posters age. College is alot more expensive now then it was say 20 yrs ago. Finally, fire is not a compound.

I take it you went to college, but like most remained uneducated.

#74     Feb 18, 2010
  5. Kids should go to community college for 2 years, paid for by working part-time, and then 2 years to a state school, paid for by working part-time. No one should go to private schools. They are too expensive.

#75     Feb 22, 2010
  6. sucks to be right on and lose 60%

#76     Feb 22, 2010
  7. l2tradr

l2tradr

Most have that option.

#77     Feb 22, 2010
  8. It's a poor man's route. Rich man's route is usually Harvard, MIT, Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Dartmouth, and any school in Newsweeks top 50. Companies do appreciate those with "skin in the game", but not ones that would go bankrupt even if they made a nice quarter mil a year.

#78     Feb 22, 2010