The 5 Most Important Indications

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by psytrader, May 22, 2005.

Average Monthly Trading Volume

1. 1-10

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 11-100

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. 101-500

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. 501-1,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1,001-1,500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1,501-2,000

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 2,001-5,000

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. 5,001-10,000

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. 10,001-15,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 15,000+

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. psytrader

psytrader

I'm an old member of this forum already so I thought I start a new name to make this poll, if successful, serious.

I ask for everyone who trades or invests, regardless of instrument or time-frame, to take five or ten minutes of your time (after trading day if you are an intraday trader) to answer this poll for me to expand my data for an article I am writing and for you to get time for yourself to just sit down and review your trading style a bit.

The information from this poll will be used in an article which will be publsihed in a respected trading magazine - a link to the article will be published on ET in three weeks.

So I want for anyone who is interested in getting to now him or herself and his/her trading skills better for further improvement, to write briefly about an important factor.

Basically, whatever strategy/system or whatever else you might use to make your trading and investment decisions, must give you some indications to make you bet on whether or not the price of a certain instrument will go up or down.

I want you to briefly explain your trading style:

1. What instrument/s you trade(equities, futures, currencies, etc.)
    2. What time-frame you trade.
    3. Whether you do it full-time or part-time
    4. What experience you have in trading (differ between participant and "outsider" in years)
    5. What trading platform/s you use (order-execution and charting)
    6. Answering to the poll on how great your average yearly trading volume is in terms of contracts, shares or whatever you might trade.

Finally, rank the five indications you get from the market or outside, in order of importance, before you decide to go short and five for deciding to go long. Give a brief explanation, 5-15 lines, on why you believe this is an important factor in your decision-making before you enter a position.

If there are any uncertainties or any question, you can either PM me or write on the board.

Thank you.

Trade Smart.

2. Boib

Boib

<i>What experience you have in trading (differ between participant and "outsider" in years)</i>

Could you explain this.

3. psytrader

psytrader

Most people spend some time between when they "discover" the markets and start learning until the day they start trading. The former is as an "outsider" and the latter part is considered as participation.

Regards,