The 400 Richest Americans Pay An 18% Tax Rate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 25, 2011.

1. #21     Jul 26, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I don't disagree with any of this, though I will point out that you're quoting the WSJ, who I'm told (elsewhere, when I use them) are just more of the leftist MSM. ; )

You're right, complete redistribution cannot cover all of our expenditures (unadjusted), but masses of data from the social sciences do indicate that our expenses for social remediation would probably be dramatically lower if there were less inequality here. By most measures life is better in more equal societies, even if their GDP is not as high as ours (this assumes it's better than subsistence of course), this is a psychological trait of Man. Would we be able to lower our military expenditures much? I'm not so sure, in fact I don't think we should.

(This needs editing, but I'll put it out as-is to keep things flowing.)

#22     Jul 26, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Good links, thank you, but in my opinion they support my general worldview. The majority of those who pay no income taxes are the poor and the elderly. So, don't have so many poor, and don't get old! Also mentioned is support for the claim that we're a low-tax nation (on average).

#23     Jul 26, 2011
  4. When you account for the mass amount of cash that has been payed out in the 'war on poverty' in the last 40-45 years, it becomes clear that simply giving them money from another class of people isn't the solution.

If it was we wouldn't be talking about it.

#24     Jul 26, 2011

5. Your limited brainpower would be better spent trying to figure out why your mother thinks its ok to fuck farm animals :)

#25     Jul 26, 2011
  6. Say hi to mom and dad for us!

#26     Jul 26, 2011
  7. I'd vote for any democrat who ran against him in a primary as well

There was articles yesterday with idiot republicans threatening impeachment,personally I'd love that if it was done in time to put a liberal democrat on the ticket

#27     Jul 26, 2011
  8. Mom and dad is also brother and sister in your neck of the woods

#28     Jul 26, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#29     Jul 26, 2011
  10. Classic Pareto Principle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

The rule is 20 percent of the population is responsible for 80% of the results. It is remarkably consistent throughout nature.

#30     Jul 26, 2011