The 40 Highest-Earning Hedge Fund Managers And Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OddTrader, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Do you know how many of them are trend followers?

If none, what approches would the majority of them use???

#11     Mar 1, 2013
  2. Inspirations to you?

you don't need much to get inspired.

John Paulson lost his pants, he is on the list. Does he inspire you?

The guy from DE Shaw doesn't know how to trade, he takes a cut from real traders.

Oh, what about the mother of all insider traders? Does he inspire you?

#12     Mar 5, 2013
  3. heech

heech

John Paulson lost his pants? He still has tens of billions lying around, I suspect he can afford to buy a pair.

Money talks, and internet swagger walks. Regardless of why or how, anyone making hundreds of millions and or billions is pretty impressive in my book.

#13     Mar 5, 2013
  4. why is jack hershey not on that list he says he make 40k an hour.

maybe dey forgots.

#14     Mar 5, 2013
  5. Mtrader

Mtrader

profit or loss?

#15     Mar 5, 2013
  6. Not a single women on the list, probably due to discrimination…. I guess the government needs to come in.

#16     Mar 5, 2013
  7. Women want to marry a trader, not become one. :eek: :p :D :cool:

#17     Mar 5, 2013
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

It only shows, you need to do your due dilligence before you pick a hedge fund manager and that they are not all equal.

#18     Mar 5, 2013
  9. In a different country, John Paulson would be in jail for conspiring with GS and bundling sub-prime mortgages and selling them as AAA-grade investments AND shorting the same investments, knowing they would collapse! In a different country, it's called FRAUD!

When it comes to trading, John Paulson knows nothing. The guy is a gambler, besides a scammer. That 250 million dollars must be 2% fee he collected from gullible investors.

Didn't he lose 30% or 40% of his flagship funds?

Oh, SEC never touches that mother of all insider traders!

If Bernie Madoff hadn't reported himself to SEC (I heard he ran out of cash after many of his investors asked for their money back in the 2008 financial crisis), he would still be running his ponzi scheme.

But SEC did go for that Sri Lankan guy, maybe because he had a "rat" in his name.

#19     Mar 6, 2013
  10. heech

heech

Oh really? What's the name of that different country? Go ahead and research, I'll wait.

I seriously question whether Paulson has persistent alpha as well, but that's a different conversation. Your rant just reads like sour grapes that he's found "gullible" investors. If he has, he's not ripping off widowed grandmothers, but rather highly educated / compensated asset allocators. I'm not going to shed a tear for them.

In my world, results matter. Results over time matter even more. Internet debates are uninteresting, bring your billion dollar checkbook if you want to prove your value in this game.

#20     Mar 6, 2013