The 3-2-1 Approach: A Simplified Method for Trading Any Market

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bthomas, May 17, 2008.

1. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

What is "profitable" mean to you ?

200 a day 1k a day 5k a day.

Or what returns on AUM .
    Thnx

#701     Dec 13, 2009
  2. bthomas

bthomas

F2 Comments: The market broke early and continued to sell in the day session on Tuesday. The day session close was weak although the market recovered post day session. The structure and market activity favor at least one sell tomorrow.

Some news to get through in the morning: Housing Permits at 570K; Starts at 575K; CPI at +.4%; Core CPI at +.1%; Crude inventories and the FOMC announcement.

Want to sell early strength and see if 117-00/04 can be taken out. If not, will cover. Sell zone is 117-09/13. Cover, if 117-00/04 holds. If 117-00/04 does hold, OK to get long. Exit, if 117-08/12 is then rejected.

[​IMG]

#702     Dec 15, 2009
  3. ammo

ammo

if you took a vacation , hope you are enjoying it, if not and you have stopped this journal, want to say thanks for all you shared

#703     Jan 5, 2010
  4. Interesting read. Agree about volume, esp on larger time frames. My trade is intraday (3min) so volume is important but not always the key. Intraday, price can move nicely w/o volume support - sometimes it is manipulated, sometimes just temp emptiness on the opposing side of the market but if it does it doesn't last and will eventually get faded. Volume also can be a good indicator when timed properly to the intraday market phases for day trading.
    Good discussion.

#704     Jan 20, 2010
  5. which software do you use for market profile?

#705     Jul 17, 2010
  6. [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Great thread, i also think volume is so underrated in this retail trader, but sadly most of your image is broken, is there possibility to restore, so we can read this thread more clearly ?? thank you

#706     Dec 23, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

You are responding to a post that is over 13 years old. Last post on this thread is from 11+ years ago. There is ZERO chance that the pic will be restored.

Thank you.

#707     Dec 23, 2021
  8. easymon1

easymon1

Can you post a chart demonstrating the value of volume to define setups and triggers that make money trading?

#708     Dec 23, 2021
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Great thread, i also think volume is so underrated in this retail trader, but sadly most of your image is broken, is there possibility to restore, so we can read this thread more clearly ?? thank you[/QUOTE]

It depends.
    You have to make a special request in feedback. If the links broke internally, there is a chance.

#709     Dec 26, 2021
  10. It depends.
    You have to make a special request in feedback. If the links broke internally, there is a chance.[/QUOTE]

do you think this kind of link is from internal link ?? http://www.tmdownloads.com/ET/5-16-08/2Pat.jpg ?? i am new here, wonder if elitetrader have different domain to save the image

#710     Dec 28, 2021