The $279,000 Mustang

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagle488, Oct 6, 2006.

1. I shoulda, woulda, coulda statements yield you nothing but a thread like this.

However, I owned 3 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 notchbacks back in the 90's. Great fast car to drive. Those were the days.

:D

#11     Oct 6, 2006
  2. He could have have gifted it to you instead..BUT HE DIDNT.....BADDA BOOM! :D

#12     Oct 6, 2006
  3. gnome

gnome

Maybe not. Gifting to a spouse is still "beneficial ownership" and prohibited.... likely the same for other immediate family members.

#13     Oct 6, 2006
  4. when I was 18, my brother offered my his 1968 Camaro RS ragtop. Maybe it was an SS; I can't recall.

I remember the cammy, smooth growl of the 327 with an Accel electronic ignition. I remember the Hurst 4 speed. I remember that time I drove it to Mass from Florida on about an hour's sleep...the sunrise in Hartford...

I look back and realize how much my brother must have cared for me to offer me that car...

priceless.

*sigh*

is this off topic?

#14     Oct 6, 2006
  5. It's easy to go back 10-20 years, pick a stock with big gains, and fantasize about what you would have made if you put your money in it.

Actually picking a stock that goes up by that magnitude and holding it to reap the gains is a different story.

Odds are you would have picked a stock that went down, or sold early.

Be happy with your Mustang.

#15     Oct 6, 2006
  6. Bootsie

Bootsie

Hindsight's 20/20.

i.e. Go pick me a MSFT right now and throw 10G's on it Monday morning....

The originator of this thread has the right idea insofar as trying to create a balanced portfolio... but he did have fun with the 'Stang.

Enjoy life while you can.

aPismoClam has the idea !

:cool:

#16     Oct 6, 2006
  7. No, just a little homo...

:eek:

#17     Oct 6, 2006
  8. Would You Have Invested??

[​IMG]

#18     Oct 6, 2006
  9. Arnie

Arnie

That's a good point and one reason I have all my retirement accts in mutual funds.....haven't touched them other than to add money every year.

#19     Oct 6, 2006
  10. S2007S

S2007S

I have seen that pic a dozen times before, the answer is probably not.

#20     Oct 6, 2006