The 2016 race has started

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 13, 2012.

1. http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/chris-christie-not-too-fat-for-white-house-84990.html?ml=po_r

Chris Christie: I’m not too fat for the White House

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is fighting back against critics who say he’s too big to be president.

In an interview that will air Wednesday on ABC’s Barbara Walters on her “10 Most Fascinating People,” Christie said the claims were “ridiculous.”

“There are people who say you couldn’t be president because you’re so heavy. What do you say to them?” Walters said.

“No, that’s ridiculous. I mean that’s ridiculous. I mean I don’t know what the basis is,” he said.

He continued: “Well, I’ve done this job pretty well. And I think people have watched me for the last number of weeks of Hurricane Sandy doing 18-hour days and getting right back up the next day and still being just as effective. So I don’t really think that will be a problem.”

(PHOTOS: 2016 Republican contenders)

Also making the list? Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Like Christie, she’s rumored to be debating a 2016 presidential run.

“She is probably one of the most admired women in the country. We asked her of course whether she wants to run for president, but you know what most people wanted to know?” Walters said GMA introducing the clip. “What do you do about your hair?”

“I know that it’s one of the great fascinations of our time, much to my amazement,” Clinton said, bursting into a cackle of laughter.

Clinton added: “It just got me really burdensome to try to find a hairdresser in some city somewhere. So I said, ‘Enough, we’re just going to go with as simple as possible.’”

“Nobody asks the men that,” Walters said.

“Have you noticed?” said Clinton, who is appearing on Walters’ list for the third time.

2. Christie will be their guy, and he will come in a bit smaller than he is today.

By that time, the GOP will have driven the Tea Party into the ocean, and the moderates will have firm control. That is a perfect banner for Christie to carry. But if Hillary does run, he can hang it up.

3. +1

I think Cuomo beats him as well

4. Well "99cent"
    I think christie blew his chances with his slobbering near endorsement of obama in 2012.

True Conservatives didn't like that too much , made him look like "stab you in the back" McVain.

5. Currently Cuomo is pissing off the blacks. something to the tune of "difficult to work with".

6. Conservative are irrelevant, or didn't you get the memo. Your silent majority did not show.:D

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

"The 2016 race has started"

No, it hasn't. The OP might want to find a hobby in the mean time.

8. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Rand Paul 2016. He's been playing dirty politics by endorsing Romney this past election. He's going to get his hands dirty because that's what it takes to become president these days.

9. Cuomo vs Christie= Cuomo gets 90-95 % of the black vote