The 2012 Republican national convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Were you blind about the prompters at the RNC? Do you not understand what a debate is? Do you think it's better to fumble and screw up with scribbled papers when a speech is being made? What generation are you lost in?

Obama will destroy Mitt in the debates, so bad that I won't even say the work Bet, since it's like betting the Sun will rise.

Hey, Romney could win the election, but not because of the debates. You can think that David will beat Goliath, but not the way to bet.

#31     Sep 1, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't watch the RNC, not one fucking minute of it. I've got better things to do.
    I know what they used to be, and they shouldn't include teleprompters.
    Intelligent fully prepared people shouldn't need a teleprompter. I want leaders who can talk to me, not read to me. I can fucking read on my own.
    I don't know why the fuck you Obama loons feel the need to keep repeating this.
    1)The debates haven't even occurred yet.
    2)Obama has virtually nothing of substance, ideology or accomplishments, to debate on.

Of course you clowns will declare Odumbo the winner even if he claims to have visited 57 states with one to go, declares Austrian a language and mispronounces the word corpsman. In your feeble biased closed little minds Dumbo has already won, because well he is "the one".

#32     Sep 1, 2012
  3. The only part of the convention I watched was the Eastwood speech, albeit, post-facto.....

The empty chair was a euphemism to an empty Presidency - absent on job losses, absent on financial fraud prosecution, absent on closing Gitmo, absent on winding down the wars....

I didn't think it was bad at all.

Changing the rules at the last second on Ron Paul - now THAT was bad... :mad:

#33     Sep 1, 2012
  4. Or perhaps the empty chair was the only way anyone on the right could try to win a debate with Obama. And, it really sucks about Ron Paul.

Thought it as interesting that they didn't bring anyone, except may Condaleeza from the Bush administration. Witness Protection Program? Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Scooter, Rove, all the gang from Hubris fame who got us into most of this mess.

#34     Sep 1, 2012
  5. jem

jem

since the ryan pick the national polls are on the edge or inside the margin for error.

rcp is as closes as it gets... all inside the margin even the slanted samples.

Rasmussen (Saturday) Romney +3
    Gallup (Saturday) Obama +1
    Democracy Corps (D) Obama +2
    CBS News 8/22 - 8/26 Obama +1
    ABC News/Wash Post Romney +1
    CNN/Opinion Research Obama +2
    FOX News 8/19 - 8/21 Romney +1
    Resurgent Republic (R) Obama +1

#35     Sep 1, 2012
  6. jem

jem

intrade has to discount the potential for a war in Iran.

#36     Sep 1, 2012
  7. More of a RNC bump than Ryan, IMO. But, as stated in the other thread, my guess is that the DNC will cause a little bounce for Obama, and get things back to normal. 4 or 5 points.

But, we'll see. Again, thanks Jem for actually supporting your beliefs, speaks well of you.

#37     Sep 1, 2012