The 10 Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2013

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OddTrader, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I want the robot programmed to replicate 5 of the best cardiologists in the world. Why do you think it will be programmed by a clown?

#11     Feb 6, 2013
  2. No. 11 So full of yourself that you convince the Hiring Manager you are the second coming

No. 12 Bullshite Arteeest

#12     Feb 6, 2013
  3. So what are the relevant skills?

I know some basic coding from trying to code indicators

its pretty neat and could be an interesting project for me

learning computer stuff, that is

I am liking it...... its kinda fun

even better if I could use it to get a better job

everyone on the internet is negative about tech

they bitch about h1b the way trader forums bitch about hft and algo

i dont know if thats because tech sucks or if its the nature of the internet to be negative about everything

#13     Feb 6, 2013
  4. murrica

murrica

Beyond the trolling, if you are unable or unwilling to discover this for yourself, then that might be a good weed out filter.

'basic coding from trying to code indicators' and 'its kinda fun' ain't gonna cut it.

#14     Feb 6, 2013
  5. Yeah, before there was wealth lab for me in 03, I used Excel one summer with an equation I derived from nothing to determine the best entry point on RIM.

Before this, I took programming in high school and already knew this was what I wanted to do with it.

I like that you'd tackle it, but it's almost like buying a kit, and if you don't have this kit, trying to 'code indicators' is not the meat, using already 'coded indicators' to generate backtestable strategies is the challenge, not coding pre-existing bullshit of the alchemy itself.

#15     Feb 7, 2013
  6. #1 Reading comprehension.
    #2 Problem solving skills.
    #3 Critical thinking skills.
    #4 ability to communicate with others.
    #5 Persistence.

Things Colleges do not teach. :D

#16     Feb 7, 2013
  7. You are incorrect.

Look at airplanes. Planes fly safer without pilots. When there is 0 visibility on big airports pilots are not allowed to land the plane anymore. It's a full automatic landing system. Landings are perfect on the spot, greasers all of the time.

Same will happen with surgeons in the near future. If you look on how robotics and 'surge by wire' is now already happening in microsurgery, neurosurgery and urology they are preparing the fully automatic surgery.

The way to get to a brain tumor for example is already automatic planned and partly executed by a robot.

Stop sniffing what you are sniffing and start informing yourself. Idiot.

#17     Feb 8, 2013