The #1 Reason Why America will never recover

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cgtrader, Dec 17, 2008.

1. If you believe your money is evil, I'm here to offer you salvation.:D

#21     Dec 17, 2008
  2. I have been a Christian for a LONG time. I pray for those that are lost and haven't seeked Salvation. The wife and I have been talking A LOT about moving out of the country and I ask God for direction and/or guidance. We have a child on the way and I want the best for him or her.

I wake up everyday trying to be a better Christian and I am thankful for everything He has blessed me with.

I just wish people would put their trust and faith in Him.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complexity of Simplicity.

It is a tragic thought that we've lost our yearning to search for the simple life. No, not simple as in living on a farm or living without a shower for a week. No, I'm talking about living by the the simple truths that so many have seemed to misplace among the other things that fill life. The simple truth of the power of love. The simple truth that there are other people in the world besides ourselves that need that love and care and an open hand.

I'm not all too good with words, so I'm going to keep it short and attempt to keep it to the point. But here's what I'm thinking.

I'm thinking that we've lost touch with how to help others in the process of helping ourselves. It's sad to think that we can look at a homeless man, or the sunset behind the hills, or the fireflies that glow in the twilight in the front yard, and pass them by without a thought. I think we're so capable of stressing ourselves out with our motives, habits, loves, hates...that we forget what's important in life.

I don't want my life to be about me. In fact, it's not. Or at least, it shouldn't be. I tend to make it be about me. But it should be about the one that I've supposedly allowed to take all of me. The One that is living in me that has the power to love and give and change.

To give it all away and live for someone other than myself is what I'd truly like to do.

To see someone else smile.

To appreciate the amazing, impeccable gift I have that surpasses all the things I have externally. To have a faith that depends not on what I have or don't have, but solely on the gratefulness of salvation.

To stop. Just stop. And be still. And know. To make every day full of meaning and action; every word delicate and able to comfort, uplift, and inspire; to see every person as an opportunity to learn about and from.

I guess I can't quite capture the sight of simplicity in words, but I think if you've seen it, you know what I mean. Or if you haven't, perhaps someday you will, and you'll see what a beautiful thing it is.

It's not easy to keep focus on simplicity, not with the things we have in our lives, our jobs, our families, our bills...but it's important to recognize it. Just so we don't get through our lives and wish we had spent more time enjoying the simple things. The saying goes that "life is too short", but as a friend said the other day that made me think, "life is the longest thing that we have"...and it's so true, that we can stuff our lives with so much that may or may not matter in the long run, and then get to the end, and wonder what happened to the time. "Life is what you make it" is the saying I'd rather go with. It's a choice, more like a long series of choices, and the choices you make are what form and direct your time on this earth.

Don't be bored with your time. Change a life. Make things happen. Think about others before you think about yourself. I'm struggling and trying to do the same.

#22     Dec 17, 2008
  3. I don't give a rat's arse if you copied it, but I have say that is one of the funniest quips I have read in a long time.

Good luck to you....

As for the rest of you...the Lord giveth..the Lord taketh away...now get your head down and start making a living:D

#23     Dec 17, 2008

4. 25000 people a day die of starvation many of whom do put their faith in him/it.

grow up. its all in your head. its nothing more that primitive superstition.

#24     Dec 17, 2008
  5. nothing fails like prayer. 100% failure rate.
    http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/god18.htm

#25     Dec 17, 2008
  6. LOL. I got a good laugh out of that.

#26     Dec 17, 2008
  7. I'd rather not get into a big religion debate, but if I were to move into a new city or section of a city, I'd far rather it be full of decent people who simply want to enjoy life, raise families, and go to church every week then to be full of people who hate and/or people who live on welfare and think that others owe them something.

JJacksET4

#27     Dec 17, 2008
  8. bathrobe

bathrobe

yes, and also after you give your ten percent to the church each year............

off subject but I have met many retards who refer to god as "American"

#28     Dec 17, 2008
  9. so everyone who doesnt believe that talking snake fairy tale is on welfare and doesnt enjoy life?

#29     Dec 17, 2008
  10. Absolutely not. Where did I say that was everyone? Seems like there might be some hate in you there????

I currently live in a city that has a lot of church go-ers. I basically never go myself. The city also has low crime, nice neighborhoods, etc. If people want to go to church, why hate them for it? Maybe I want to go bowling. I wouldn't want everyone to hate me for that.

JJacksET4

#30     Dec 17, 2008