The 1 ES Point REALITY

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, May 29, 2007.

1. Im down to 5!

#11     May 30, 2007
  2. Exactly.

Making one point a day is really not all that difficult. It's just that losing a point or more is so much easier.

P.S. Steve, are you employing Jack's "always in" approach yet? I don't have much faith in such a strategy so I'm wondering if you have already taken that plunge or plan to do so any time soon. Just curious.

#12     May 30, 2007
  3. 5 minute abs? dont be stupid. you wont even work up a sweat in that time. 6 is the right number.

#13     May 30, 2007
  4. omg another 1 point thread........everyday you have an EQUAL opportunity to make or LOSE 1 point a day........equal opportunity because markets are random for the most part..........so how will you cut thru the noise??> actually not an equal opportunity, the probability favors loss due to commissions, spreads, and slippage.....good luck.

#14     May 30, 2007
  5. Pr0crast

Pr0crast Guest

How bout instead of setting stupid daily goals, you instead focus on "doing what you do, getting what you get, and making a concerted effort to keep improving?" In the world of professional online poker only the newbies set short term $ goals--the pros set # hand goals and set aside enough time to work on their game. If you focus on the wrong thing you will develop "gambler" tendencies, like chasing losses etc just to hit your "daily" goal. That being said, yes, 1 pt a day is easy for anyone who puts in a serious effort to learn.

#15     May 30, 2007
  6. Pr0crast

Pr0crast Guest

This is why I trade now instead of play poker. The ceiling at which you see diminishing returns on your capital is MUUUUUCH higher.

#16     May 30, 2007
  7. Not yet, still far off from that level. Many of the finer resolution tools havent been discussed yet so it wouldnt really be feasible yet anyways. But I am a slow and steady wins the race guy so I am in no hurry. Trading is a marathon, not a sprint (for me anyways) :D

#17     May 30, 2007
  8. thanks all...hey, study and research to the 1 ES point per day level...at least...also, look at ER2...congrats to the ESNewbie also...!

#18     May 30, 2007
  9. with all the volume...obviously 1 ES point is a HUGE possibility!...

#19     Jun 7, 2007
  10. some days the intraday range is like 6 pts and tricky, not everyday will provide this kind of action (and this many opportunities). Actually, the great majority of days wont.

#20     Jun 7, 2007