The 1 ES Point REALITY

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, May 29, 2007.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Question is how much are you willing to give away searching for an answer? Then there is a follow up one, was that worth it? It being looking for something that has minimum sense :)

#131     Mar 4, 2008
  2. Are the six stages similar to the 12 steps for recovering addicts? Throw in a teaspoon of Dianetics and this could be dynamite.

#132     Mar 9, 2008
  3. $19.95

#133     Mar 26, 2008
  4. Syprik

Syprik

As of last week, have averaged 2.85 pts since the new year with 15-20 contract lots. Volatility and trends are incredibly favorable as of late. The pattern has been 8-10 pt days followed by -3 to -5pt days. Prior to Dec 07 on the ES? Don't ask. :( Thank god for going heavy in dry bulk shipping early last year.

A good friend of mine I grew up with used to trade oil in the pit and went indy ~3yrs ago. Averaged 3/4 a point ES with 50-100 lots for entire 07. Pulled in a little over $600k just on that instrument. Oil is another story. lol. Truly envy that guy.

#134     Mar 28, 2008
  5. on the money

on the money Guest

People
    Stay away from the thieves at Puretick.

#135     Mar 28, 2008
  6. 1 point a day is, in my view, an incorrect way to look at ES futures daytrading...

I think you need to think of it in returns over the course of a year...

The way I trade, the majority of one's days should be small gains or small losses which balance each other out...

Over the course of the last 20 days of trading, my ES index daytrading has generated the grand sum of approximately $0, with losers actually outnumbering winners...

From past experience, my ES year will be positive purely on the basis of around 20 home runs i.e. around 10% of the available trading days... only around 50% of the available trading days will actually have trades on them, so 100% of my profits will come from only 20% of the days that I trade...

But, I suppose that the "busy-bee tickchart scalpers" will disagree with such a philosophy... my approach is probably too boring and inactive for them, in any case...

#136     Sep 6, 2008
  7. this is truly amazing!!!...I am still on my quest to really net 1 to 10 ES points per day...what about you?what do you average (ES points) per day?

#137     Oct 25, 2008