Thats it we topped march 6th time to go short.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EngineerLarry, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Looks like we have topped on the S and P time to go short.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

3. My SPY algo just went long.

4. hajimow

hajimow

My systems are also blinking and coughing.

5. timcar

timcar

A 10% increase in S&P 500 earnings translates to approximately $114. The S&P 500 is presently trading at approximately 1500 or 13.2 times forward earnings, based on these projections.

"""Given that 2012 actual earnings are estimated to have increased approximately 5% to around $102.50 according to Barron's and recent earnings estimates have been revised lower, the market is probably relatively suspect of these projections.

According to work conducted at NYU's Stern, the historical EPS growth rate for the S&P 500 since 1960 is less than 5%. If we use a 5% EPS growth rate for 2013, we get S&P 500 EPS $107.50. Using the historical average PE multiple of 15, that takes the S&P 500 to 1612, approximately 7.5% higher than where we are trading today.

I believe that 1612 is a reasonable base case expectation for the S&P 500 during 2013. Recognizing that expectations are seldom accurate, we use S&P 500 1612 as a starting point."""

BY BILL ROBERTSON

s&p 1612 guys listen to the MAN

6. Shorted more today

7. timcar

timcar

Friday March 8 2013

DOW up +68

S&P UP +7

Tough day to be short

8. Depends what you are short.

9. I know this is just a game for you guys, no real skin in the game but still, there should be some sort of consequence for posting this kind of garbage.

10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

The consequence would be on us, the few that actually do have skin in the game. The entertainment value lost would be devastating!
    Just thinking about it I want to jump out of my 1st floor window. [ohhhhhh shhhiitttttt]

No matter how much cats fight there always seems to be plenty of kittens.
    - Abraham Lincoln

The Bank never "goes broke." If the Bank runs out of money, the Banker may issue as much more as needed by writing on any ordinary paper.
    – Monopoly Board Game Rule Book, Third Paragraph of Section titled "The Bank."

The things that matter, matter when they matter.
    Carry on!

#10     Mar 10, 2013