thats it Skippy...pack your shit..let's go

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, May 3, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

Listening to this speech brought me back to the good ole' days when i first started trading. I started as a trader while i was trying to make money at nights selling time shares. There was this Korean guy who i was a good buddy with named William, basically the way the whole deal operated was as follows.

Our company would convince people to come in to watch a "90 minute presentation," based on some telemarketer telling them they won a gift in to one of our resorts for 4 days 5 nights at one of our suites, but the catch was that they had to come in and watch the presenation.

So as a salesman i would start out trying to pitch one of these couples on buying a timeshare, and if eventually they said no, i got paid 15% if i personally closed them myself and 7% if we required the assistance of a closer. Anyways once we were done throwing everything we had in the book at the client who was coming in for a free vacation, and they didnt want to buy, there was a signal to the guys the company deemed "closers." It was just funny watcing the closers operate, the guys who were hired on as closers could have sold ice cubes to eskimos, the second the deal went south they would step in and sell whatever product you were trying to sell provided it was a legitimate person who wanted to buy. It was just strange and it proved a valuable lesson to me to not trust salsemen, some of the sales the "closers" pulled off were miraculous. lol.

#11     May 31, 2010
  2. funny stuff..almost had me interested there for a split sec

#12     May 31, 2010
  3. #14     Jun 5, 2010
  4. Phil Ivey Loses $1 Million Vegetarian Prop Bet To Dwan

“He couldn’t handle it. He realized he couldn’t keep it up for a full year.”

Eventually, the crunch point came three weeks after the deal had been struck, while Ivey sat down at a dinner party with friends. As reported in Danish poker magazine Ace, Ivey was confronted by a piece of chicken and as Tom Dwan explained:

Rather than lose $1 million, Ivey then decided to call up Dwan and the two eventually settled on a buy-out amount for the vegetarian prop bet of $150,000.

Add to that the reputed $1 million prop bet Dwan took off Ivey for not winning the WSOP Main Event in 2009 and overall Dwan seems to be winning some nice calculated prop bets recently at Phil Ivey’s expense.

a chicken mcnugget or a million dollars..uh hard choice ..

what an idiot

:D

http://www.onlinepoker.net/poker-ne...loses-1-million-vegetarian-prop-bet-dwan/5118

#15     Jun 5, 2010
  5. #17     Jun 12, 2010
  6. never underestimate the advantage of superior firepower LOL :D

ps why this idiot bring a sawed off double barrel to a firefight?

he should of had a 12 gauge automag! haha:D

#18     Jun 17, 2010
  7. #19     Jun 18, 2010