Thats it, I quit...so long ET!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 18, 2010.

1. trendo

trendo

lol....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

#21     Aug 20, 2010
  2. olias

olias

That's a great word! I'd heard it before, and I think I used to know what it means (for about 5 minutes), but now it will stick.

Your link provided this: "The Book of Proverbs mentions an emotion similar to that now described by the word schadenfreude: "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17–18, King James Version)."

That same friend and I are so bad, that we even enjoy watching each other lose money! Few things in life bring that much pleasure :D

#22     Aug 20, 2010
  3. olias

olias

There was another occasion we were watching this douche piddle away his money in the slots...we watched him drop like $500...we were elated!

but down to his last couple of spins he hit on a $4K jackpot!

we were near suicidal :) I think he still sees a counselor over that incident

#23     Aug 20, 2010
  4. nitro

nitro

LMAO :D

#24     Aug 20, 2010
  5. ET is one of my favorite forums. The only thing missing is a chat room. [​IMG]

#25     Aug 20, 2010
  6. Agreed

#26     Aug 21, 2010
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Bad news sells more newspapers. Hello?!

#27     Aug 21, 2010
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Because failing is a real possibility I live with every day

Because seeing a fellow trader fail turns my stomach – I know what it means…

Because save for the grace of my own actions every day – go I

And because it very well could happen to me – possibly there is a lesson I can take away so it won’t

I would rather see someone succeed – but failure is also a fact – to not accept both completely is ignoring reality

Ignoring reality is a sure way to fail…. No more so than in trading

Some around here have absolutely no clue – and likely never will…

RN

#28     Aug 21, 2010
  9. RN:

You sure have a nice way to turn a thread originally worthy of nomination for the Chit-Chat forum to something worth reading.

#29     Aug 21, 2010
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Boli,

Thank You Sir

Sometimes I could screw up an anvil…. :p

RN

Eta

This is the 3rd time RDT has posted this crap – seems he can’t even quit correctly

Also truth be know – when I posted I had Neke on my mind

Apologies

Now on to Chit Chat with this thread.....

#30     Aug 21, 2010