That pop was classic, 97% win rate

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by stock777, Feb 25, 2010.

1. bevo96

bevo96

Why do you guys assume it is an algo moving the market. Its more likely a program from the Treasury or some large money manager. No HFT shop (Outside of maybe Goldman) is going to take the directional exposure on the notional it takes to move the market like that.

#21     Feb 25, 2010
  2. no one knows what that is, least of all folks posting here

#22     Feb 25, 2010
  3. Another classic mistake on my part, I'm waiting for this thing to burst Right? one side or the other all morning it was so tight it had to go some were and big, so what happened? day traders nightmare "distraction" the wife is going out and asking for money "yes honey here is some cash goodbye see you later", I turn around and this thing was a life bells was going off alerts sounding buy! buy! so what I do? in at 1791.75 and out at 1792.50 why? because I dint stay focused.

#23     Feb 25, 2010
  4. Not half as bad as a kneeJERKshort into the rampage, as proscribed by some here

#24     Feb 25, 2010
  5. From ZH:

" I thought u might find it interesting that Golden Slacks bought 1,200 big S&Ps today near the lows – supporting/buying every selloff attempt. With the 10 handle rally GS just made a quick $3,000,000.00. Of course, they are selling some out now @ 1097.00 to the Johnny-Come-Lately’s – but not many.

Gee wiz, I’m sure the Vampire Squid just got lucky and didn’t have that info before hand. Yeah – they’re very lucky.

From the Floor of the CBOT"

#25     Feb 25, 2010
  6. Thats a tidy sum but not enough to move the market 10 points, unless there is other buying alongside it that in coordinated.

#26     Feb 25, 2010
  7. Unless the buying triggered other bots to hop on for the ride. I don't know enough about it to say either way.

Besides, you don't think that can move the market 10 points in extreme low volume (which has been the case for like the last year)?

#27     Feb 25, 2010
  8. Shorting this market...is nuts unless you come in short overnight...as of last night... I doubt many did.

Today was a classic, short squezzzzzzz. Market tryed to push down hard around lunch...made a attempt and couldnt' do it.

The "Fuck" the short term shorts was on....and it ran hard.

This market has been acting on Greece, FED GOV, Earnings...all kinds of shit. No telling what way its gona go. Its in a Range..all be it 400 points or so.

This is a great trading market...... plenty of time to cover the shorts and bid into the market.....unless you where stuborn...and held your shorts.....then you got fucked.

#28     Feb 25, 2010
  9. lol. and you trade? look at the dollar chart.

#29     Feb 25, 2010
  10. That's like 5000 E Minis which is not a lot , and would not move the market more than 1 point even during quiet times.

[​IMG]
    No, Im afraid a move like this requires a lot more fire power. The imbeciles that look at 1 data point and make a case are not hip.

The ZH crew are notorious for talking out of their asses. They say so many ridiculous things, that eventually some will be correct. Almost like the traders here at ET.

#30     Feb 25, 2010