that bloomberg question got me thinking, what would it take to create an equivalent

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by magnum29464, Sep 17, 2008.

1. what would be the best way to build a terminal equal to the bloomberg terminal as far as data feed?

2. Warren Zevon. (lawyers, guns, and money)

3. phubaba

phubaba

if you have ever seen a terminal and the amount of data that they have, you'd be hard pressed to ever compete with bloomberg on a total data scale.

however if you focus on a single type of product or product group you may be able to do something similar.

4. Does reuters even come close?

the interface on the bloomberg machines look so shitty. I know its superfacial but for the money i would want something nice to look at atleast.

5. phubaba

phubaba

agreed the interface is miserable. i haven't used reuters so I'm not really sure.

6. Bloomberg is $1700 per month.
    The absolute BEST.
    :)

7. Merrill Lynch is bought now. Forget it. If you know, Bloomberg was developed in ML initially. Fortran etc.

Have you got a major market maker and 10 years to spend?

If not, subscribe...

Alex

8. Funny post - the interface is miserable, but I've never used it so I can't really say now that I think about it...

:D

9. Badoit

Badoit

impossible... the value of a bbg isn't only in the feeds; up until recently, the proprietery models were the models for any kind of FI product. Course they keep these to themselves. If Reuters can't keep up, then doubful anyone else can - though I spoke to a reuters guy recently and he said they were bringing out a new product that kickes ass, so we'll have to wait and see.

if you're looking for a figure though, I'd say circa $20mm+ before you sell any.

10. What do you mean by FI models? you lost me when you said it wasn't just the feed. What does the "model" offer?

#10     Sep 17, 2008