Thanks Nazi's, ,,er...I mean Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Jul 8, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

When I said, I have nothing to hide, I meant it from grand scheme of things, nobody cares if I smoke Cuban cigars or something this minor.

By the way I hope that people are not naive to realize that if someone needs to put them behind bars, it can be easily accomplished. Even with such a simple trick such as putting a small bag of cocaine into you briefcase during a flight when you are in a rest room.

I am totally against warrant less government surveillance, because it can end with RFID on all of us like someone mentioned. And if it happens, "it will solely be done for our own good".

#21     Jul 9, 2006
  2. Now, where have I seen that before...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...&highlight=hate+us+for+our+freedom#post474065

#22     Jul 9, 2006
  3. #23     Jul 9, 2006
  4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

The main objective of Bin Laden is to rid the world of western values and replace them with those of fundamentalist Islam.

It looks like he is winning when we look at the policies Bush is implementing every day in order to defeat the undefeatable.

Our freedoms and liberties are being eroded day by day, until eventually we will indeed be acting like some authotarian state where there is NO CIVIL OR PERSONAL FREEDOMS, but everything is dictated by the church of Islam - I mean the republican party.

We may not be taking up their religion, but we sure are taking up their approach to life.

It's a shame that many Fox news republican lovers aren't educated or worldly enough to see this. Ignorance and poor education is as much an evil in USA as it is in Islam, and the effects are the same - Totalitarian states.

Suffer with a smile - you're a Republican.

#24     Jul 9, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

This is what I disagree with. Only the beginning? Besides the IRS (which no liberal will touch because the Governments ability to force you into serfdom is the primary goal of the left) what about your electric utility company telling law enforcement how much power you use? Woe to the "home grower" who isn't on gas powered generators. Is ConEd telling big brother the amount of your light bill really any more intrusive than ISP's being collected?

Just be careful. The nice guy in the parking lot at the concert who offers to sell you a joint could be a cop. The hot chick who buy's you a drink at the bar and implies that if you help pay her rent she'll do you a "favor" could be a cop. You may feel safe there's not a cop looking at you while you pull a hit off that doobie but wait! Is that my uptight neighbor snapping a picture of me with her cell phone camera?

The point is: basic freedoms have been eroding since the advent of the IRS and social security. (war freedoms. Forget about it. They never existed. Read about Lincoln jailing newspaper editors and FDR's internment of the Japs) National ID card? WTF do you think your Social is? Try doing anything without giving up your SS#. But to those juveniles who think this started with Bush.....dream on.

#25     Jul 9, 2006
  6. pattersb

pattersb Guest

Which group shouted loudest when the supreme court ruled that local governments were entitled to any piece of land they wanted?

Which group would start the rebellion if government violations of civil liberties affected more than the .00001 % suspected people with terrorist connections. (I'll give you a hint, it includes the NRA nutcases)

Which group spearheaded the destruction of the totalatarian regimes in the USSR? Which side bends over for the likes of Castro, and Chavez?

Frankly, I'm much more concerned about my PERSONAL property (and indeed what my persoanl property is defined to be), than whether the government is tracking my calls to Syria or my money transfers to Libia or my membership to www.DeathToAmerica.comm (Granted, that is ALL the feds should be doing)

Perhaps, I'm too ignorant or not wordly enough to understand that there is no difference.

....Our freedoms and liberties are being eroded day by day...

Provide a concrete example of how YOUR freedoms have been eroded ...

...replace them with those of fundamentalist Islam..

I don't see women's voting rights or driving privelieges being repeled anytime soon.

I'm not suggesting no violations have occured, but as usually the left has gone way over the top in their hyperbole ...

Good God, this thread has NAZI in the title ...

It's funny, the left actually thinks they raise awareness with these types of accusations, and they wonder why they have lost election after election after election after election ...

#26     Jul 9, 2006
  7. Strawman fallacy in defense of Bush.

#27     Jul 9, 2006
  8. Pabst

Pabst

Hardly Strawman. Hardly fallacy. You and others want to cherry-pick what liberties should be protected. Since you favor high taxes you approve of the government possessing the power to sift through peoples financial statements and seize private property. But since you oppose Bush you cry foul at challenges to liberty that are clearly, less offensive. Where's your impassioned defense of 2nd Amendment rights that are eroded by liberal courts and lawmakers?

America's LoZZZer's refuse to accept the reality. Big brother throws you a few "libertarian" bones so that you think you're living free. And as long as you pay the State their due (around 50% of what you earn) the State generally stay's off your ass. Tell the State to shove their serfdom up their ass and then you're liberty, property, bank and brokerage accounts will be subject to intervention that the Patriot Act only hints at.

#28     Jul 9, 2006
  9. I'm just an average man with an average life
    I work from nine to five, hey, hell, I pay the price
    All I want is to be left alone in my average home
    But why do I always feel like I'm in the twilight zone

I always feel like somebody's watching me
    Who's playing tricks on me

When I come home at night
    I bolt the door real tight
    People call me on the phone, I'm trying to avoid
    But can the people on TV see me or am I just paranoid

When I'm in the shower I'm afraid to wash my hair
    Cause I might open my eyes and find someone standing there
    People say I'm crazy, just a little touched
    But maybe showers remind me of Psycho too much
    That's why...

Tell me it can't be

I don't know anymore
    Are the neighbors watching me?!!
    Well is the mailman watching me?!!
    And I don't feel safe anymore, oh what a mess
    I wonder who's watching me now--- (BOOO!) -The IRS?

I can't enjoy my tea!

Somebody's Watching Me !!!

what's best society to live in these days? where to go? switzerland?

#29     Jul 9, 2006
  10. Get this through you thick uneducated illogical head.

What Lincoln and FDR did doesn't make what Bush does right.

Doh!!!

Grow a freaking brain...

Your response is just more strawman bullcrap...

#30     Jul 9, 2006