Thanks for everything Jon Corzine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 31, 2011.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

That's a pretty silly response to a pretty smart post.

#11     Oct 31, 2011
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#12     Oct 31, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Umm......not buying that. Corzine was a harsh critic of the greed that went on under the Bush administration and how Wall Street made reckless bets and how Wall Street needs to be held accountable. So what does Corzine do after he bankrupts the state of NJ as a democratic governor? He goes to MF global, a firm whose primary business is clearing trades for Man Financial, one of the largest hedge funds in the world, and decided to start taking exotic bets on risky sovereign debt exposing the firm to a blow up. Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

#13     Oct 31, 2011
  4. On a related note I had 2 sell on the ES @ 66 & 64 orders this morning with transact, clears through MF Global. Called transact and couldn't find out if the orders are filled or not or what is going on. I asked if it showed I was flat that should be correct and the guy said I sure hope so. I've got another account but nothing to do not knowing what my status is .

#14     Oct 31, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's a pretty silly response to a pretty smart post. [/QUOTE]

Smart post? I don't know what dictatorship country you call home but here in the US, we elect board members to make these decisions for corporations. If the board decided to do what RCG recommended, I would applaud them for it. But if Corzine had any integrity, he would not take the severance pay.

#15     Oct 31, 2011
  6. Correction, I'm talking about his running of MF Global not his political views. He could of been a republican, dixiecrat or what ever and still of screwed up at Global, greed is independent of party affiliation, we've all seen it.

#16     Oct 31, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Greed or stupidity? Look, we can both agree that all people are greedy and stupid to some extent. But I hold our elected public officials to a higher standard. And his politics matter because you can't get free reign to criticize as an elected politician and then move over to the private sector and do exactly the thing you were against as a politician. Come on. We can both agree on that can't we?

Same goes for that wonderful liberal former attorney general Spitzer who loved prosecuting and destroying people's lives over prostitution while paying 20k a night for high end prostitutes.

#17     Oct 31, 2011
  8. Picaso

Picaso

Hey, in Spain fired bank executives are taking their millions in severance pay AND applying for unemployment benefits (about €1000 eur x 24 months), so good luck with that.

#18     Oct 31, 2011
  9. When you put it that way I agree.

#19     Oct 31, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 2

#20     Oct 31, 2011