thanks destriero

Discussion in 'Options' started by Real Money, Sep 3, 2020.

1. I finally figured out what Des has been trying to teach us. This guy is a genius. I said something that made him block/ignore my ET username so I will just have to quote him indirectly. If you guys could comment and thank him for me I would appreciate it.
    (this is what I think it means)

Use the VIX basis spread and VIX vol (and vol forward spreads).

Adam777, .sigma, guru and 3 others like this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Pretty sure he's got everyone on ignore so good luck with that LOL

Onra, .sigma, gaussian and 4 others like this.
  3. If a trader was smart enough to catch his comments last week you would have sold into the crazy opening yesterday. Dest is awesome, no doubt about that!

ITM_Latino, KCalhoun and destriero like this.
  4. destriero

destriero

You're welcome.

I'd add that if you are trading vol, and isolating your (gamma) delta in your PNL, begin to scale out of any position if your gains exceed 2x your daily theta.

5. destriero

destriero

My oldest system (# of stonks on the day that closed < open) got me short at yesterday's close, but most of today's gains were in long downside straddles in AMZN.

6. volente_00

volente_00

6C0411DC-2D9F-454F-AC31-7976F464A975.png 9C7E1220-2AAE-47D1-803D-D86F22454385.png Thanks desperado for telling me to short in front of the freight train at 3421

Go bro go

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Millionaire likes this.
  7. Thank's for the warning, saved me some good money selling in to that gap!

destriero likes this.
  8. Millionaire

Millionaire

You said he deleted some posts with bad calls, but you kept the screenshots, does he gets the mods to delete his bad calls after the 1hour editing window?

I remember he once made a bad short call and then the mods very conveniently closed the thread.

9. His warning helped me see yesterday's mark-up was insane so there was never no "Shorting in front of a freight train".

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I've no interest.

#10     Sep 3, 2020