Thanking God for your good fortune is the ultimate conceit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, May 9, 2007.

1. ??????

#101     May 15, 2007
  2. nitro

nitro

Money and God have been associated together for as long as human history. e.g., take a look at the back of any American cash currency: "In God we trust". The church is one of the biggest investors in the stock market. The Roman catholics own more real estate than probably anyone in the world.

We may seperate church and state, but money and God? No way.

Pass the basket.

nitro

#102     May 15, 2007
  3. jem

jem

did you not quote here on et someone named jesus?

you have got to lighten up.

#103     May 15, 2007
  4. In my case it wasn't a shift back in perception, it was a complete turnaround. Just several weeks before I had concidered myself an atheist. Not incidentally my revelation was also my baptizement in Christianity.

#104     May 15, 2007
  5. stu

stu

ok sorry jem my mistake.
    You making confusing innacurate pathetic remarks is funny. haha - will try to laugh sooner in future.

luv
    stu

#105     May 16, 2007
  6. jem

jem

stu you take yourself way to seriously. You are allowed to make a mistake. You make plenty - now you just have to adjust.

#106     May 16, 2007
  7. stu

stu

jem, if you can read that into these few posts between us , then some self reflection on your part in the same regard you suggest to me, would seem far more appropriate.
    It's easy to see you either get nasty (more usual) or pretend to have made a joke after one of your disconnects , or inappropriate remarks. So far off target as to shoot yourself in the foot.

btw.. I've only made one mistake in my life:eek:

#107     May 18, 2007
  8. jem

jem

I have thousands of posts -- how many times have I tried to turn a post into a joke after a disconnect.

I will tell you very close to 0 if not zero. go find proof for your b.s. statement. go look for yourself...

You won't

I am not surprised - you never were one to let facts get in the way of thoughts.

#108     May 18, 2007
  9. There is only one Divine Principle with many names.
    What name you choose is irrelevant. Having said this, gratitude does not imply that anyone had any "hand" in anything, it is acknowledgement that when one receives one must also give.
    We are all ONE, anyway, so when you give to other you are giving to "yourself" in a sense. Thinking otherwise is an illusion, dream and sooner or later we are all awaken.

#109     May 22, 2007