Thank you

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Agyar, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Agyar

Agyar

Well, traditionally it is the time of year we give thanks for what we have, so I thought I would post a public thank you to some people who have had a positive effect on my trading. There seem to be plenty of bashing, ego-tripping, and generally negative posts, so I thought I would post something positive. Please feel free to add your thanks. Please also feel free to post your negativity somewhere else.

In the last month I feel like I have really turned a corner (profitability) and have really solidified the framework through which I view the market. Hopefully it will all stick (especially the profitability). Along with the fact that I have busted my ass and my brain to get there, I would like to thank the following people for being guideposts that lit my way.

ProfLogic/Charlie Dow - My framework for understanding the market is based on what you have shared with us. I would not be where I am today if you had never posted here.

DBPhoenix - I still haven't made it through all of your posts, but I have made it through alot of the meaty ones. A couple of your posts on support/resistance and supply/demand really fired off some sparks in my head. I hope you are reading this. Please come back. :(

Makosgu - Your humility and intensity is inspiring, and I have learned quite a bit from your posts. My big epiphany came from reading one of your posts in combination with a different thread. I am trying to keep up with you, but you are making it really difficult!

Optioncoach and Maverick74 - Thanks to you guys, I now understand enough about options to know that I don't want to spend all of my time trading them. :) But we'll always have Jessica Alba, OC.

NihabaAshi, Lefty62151 and steve46 - You guys always seem ready to add helpful information to threads. And I am happy to keep absorbing it. Keep it up!

All of the guys in ET chat - Thanks for keeping me sane during the trading day.

There are plenty of others that have helped me inch closer to where I want to be. I couldn't possibly thank all of them, but this is a good start.

For all of you guys and girls struggling with learning the market, my best piece of advice is to embrace your humility. Don't be afraid to admit you are wrong. Never close your mind to new learning. Some of my beliefs about the market were inconsistent with each other, and embracing the viewpoints of others has led me to discard the ones that were "bad" and replace them with a better structure. Don't expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter. You probably won't understand it unless you have to work for it anyway.

Hope everyone has a happy and successful new year.

2. Hi Agyar,

And I appreciate a public display of appreciation and nice-ity. :)

Hopefully in 2006 (and beyond) we'll see more of a similiar attitude of niceness from others on ET ( & in general) as well.

Thanks, and Happy New Year,
    kt