Thank you tea party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearmountain, Sep 15, 2010.

1. The reality is that politics are fast becoming just a ping pong match, back and forth between extreme elements of each party. It's a completely reactionary based electorate, who vote on a campaign of "change" every election cycle. Both parties have wild swings in popularity and thrive solely on the basis of "hey we're assholes, but we're better than THOSE other assholes".

It's far more indicative of the slippery slope we have entered towards the abyss for this country.

#21     Sep 15, 2010
  2. cstfx

cstfx

I was the Captain (waiter).

#22     Sep 15, 2010
  3. Bullshit. More left wing propaganda. The tea party is mostly pro choice, and not anti-gay. "As far right as it gets?" ROFLMAO! You are full of shit. The tea party core is fairly left of center on social issues under the pretense that the government has no place in personal affairs of consenting adults.

The only "extremism" we're about is that we're "extreme" about our desire for smaller government.

Just more of you guys' tired propaganda...

#23     Sep 17, 2010
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

cannot argue with this but the american PEOPLE have shifted right of center. not good for the politicos

and fwiw, i am an independant, not a "con".

i have shifted right only recently. last election, i voted dem.

#24     Sep 17, 2010
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i'll take that bet

#25     Sep 17, 2010
  6. I think that the population is simply shifting more towards smaller and more limited government. This isn't a left/right struggle, as the MSM wants you to believe. As long as your attention is on the left/right axis, you are unaware of the libertarian/authoritarian axis. This is fundamentally a move away from authoritarianism and towards libertarianism.

#26     Sep 17, 2010
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

ok i'll yield that

but right is traditionally more conservative fiscally and thats what i'm referring to

keep in mind i use traditionally in a very loose manner.

#27     Sep 17, 2010
  8. As per the rhetoric. However, the last 2 terms of Bush tend to refute that notion unfortunately. After all, he started this bailout nonsense... He also trippled the size of the federal govt. It's all but official that establishment republicans have departed from laissez faire policy.

The only meaningful difference between bush and obama is healthcare, in terms of actualy policy, not rhetoric.

#28     Sep 17, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i said traditionally. bush was not a traditional conservative republican.

let me put it this way, however:

you are much more likely to get a republican to believe in smaller government, less spending, tax cuts, less entitlements, etc., then you would a democrat.

#29     Sep 17, 2010
  10. yeah, absolutely. the problem is that the likelyhood of a republican to actually do any of those things is exceptionally low. it is higher than that of a democrat, but still unacceptably low. the sad thing is, the last president who actually did cut taxes in a meaningful way, and did do well with the budget was a democrat.

unfortunately republicans are also more likely to start/participate in wars, invade privacy of citizens by spying on or monitoring them, have less respect for individual freedom and privacy, initiate costly, stupid, and ineffective efforts like the 'war on drugs', make it so that we imprison a higher % of our population than any other place on earth, etc.

republicans have an equally poor record at protecting constitutional rights.

it's not like republicans have a great record on protecting freedom either. sure, they have a slightly better record on protecting economic freedom but even that has gone down the toilet.

both parties are bankrupt in terms of integrity.

i really hope that people start seeing things beyond the antiquated left/right spectrum. that's really the only hope for this to go anywhere.

#30     Sep 17, 2010