Thank You, Mr. President. You Held Back the Worst

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

If you dont smoke cigarettes, or you didnt used to smoke cigarettes cigars are no real treat, when i didnt smoke, i never liked cigars, but i always enjoyed the second hand smell of them, as long as its not a room that is blue with smoke from people smoking them. Once you get halfway through a cigar it starts to get real harsh too.

I just like the smell of them when im outside, either golfing or fishing.

I usually buy these cheap pieces of shit now to get the same effect, its like 6 bucks for a pack., and they are just thin little things that take like 20 minutes to smoke so by the time your tired of it, its gone.

[​IMG]

#21     Nov 5, 2012
  2. <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zmI2yDAyWYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    No Motherland Without You

You pushed away the severe storm
    You made us believe, Comrade Obama
    We cannot live without you
    Our country cannot exist without you!
    Our future and hope depend on you
    People's fate depends on you, Comrade Obama!
    Even if the world changes hundreds of times
    People believe in you, Comrade Obama
    Oh... Our Comrade Obama

#22     Nov 5, 2012
  3. piezoe

piezoe

It has to do with this (cigars that is.) All tobacco has alkaloids in it that are bitter when smoked. Aging tobacco (i.e. curing) tames the alkaloids by either volatilizing them or chemically transforming them into a less bitter component. The rate of improvement decreases exponentially with time, not linearly. Consequently, much is gained in the first three years of aging and less in the next three, etc. Thus after about five years of aging one sees very little improvement over time, and to get a noticeable improvement the aging has to be doubled from say five years to ten years, and doubled again to saw twenty years to get a detectable improvement over a tobacco aged ten years, etc. Consequently one must pay a great deal more for a cigar with say twenty years of aging then one with 10 years of aging, for almost a negligible improvement. Thus the law of diminishing returns takes affect. That's why you won't find a sixteen dollar cigar to be that much smoother than say an 8 dollar cigar. If you buy your cigars mail order by the box, there is hardly any point in paying more than about 4-5$/cigar. For that price you will get a very fine cigar. Of course, the quality and rarity of the tobacco to start with and the skill of the manufacturer is a factor as well as brand reputation. It is possible to obtain a quite nice cigar for 2-3$ if bought mail order by the box.

#23     Nov 5, 2012
  4. piezoe

piezoe

It is very sad indeed to see what has become of the once great Grand Old Party.

#24     Nov 5, 2012
  5. bone

bone

Have the first three posters in this thread swallowed yet ? Seriously, boys. Calm down. Moderate your libidos please.

[​IMG]

#25     Nov 5, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I hadn't heard that before. I wonder if that's what it was.

#26     Nov 5, 2012
  7. Why do conservatives always fall back on the gay thing to insult someone?

#27     Nov 5, 2012
  8. [​IMG]

#28     Nov 5, 2012
  9. Ask your buddy Omegapoint/L-Kabong. He's on your team, btw.

#29     Nov 5, 2012
  10. That is odd, as if Gays like Phoenix have a choice. I feel bad for PT's attempts to try to be part of the right and bible thumping crowd, while gay. I guess bullies are bullies, no matter what.

#30     Nov 5, 2012