Thank you martha stewart

Discussion in 'Trading' started by doji, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Cutten

Cutten

I agree Cheese - the lesson learned from the Martha trial is never say anything at all to any member of the government for any reason.

The prosecutors do not seem to have considered the negative impact that this will have on their ability to win future cases when *real* financial crimes (e.g. Enron, Worldcom) are prosecuted. Talk and you go down; say nothing and you sip gin in Palm Beach for 4 years. Great incentivisation there folks.

#11     Mar 6, 2004
  2. The arrogance of Martha Stewart and here entire family (many billions $) would disgust you. They truly thought that, "them being the uppercrust" were above the law....really! I know this.......I refuse to be in that social circle and never entered it.....and would never in the future...But who am I? just the little guy that might benefit from this.

Michael B.

#12     Mar 6, 2004
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Well the little guy with MSO shares isn't benefiting!

Same old thing since the days of the Roman circuses .. feeding scapegoats to the lions. It pleases the masses .. where there will always be those who like to blame their idiot misfortunes on someone else or something else.

You need scapegoats to be punished for the bust that followed the boom. It just happens to be Martha to head the column of scapegoats!

#13     Mar 6, 2004
  4. She was a good one to pick, to leverage the effect... or else she pissed someone off!!!!

Michael B.

P.S. Superiority complexes come in many forms..... (and I know many dumb, rich people and also a few regulators with a badge :) )

#14     Mar 6, 2004
  5. MARTHA ATTEMPTS TO FLEE U.S. INSIDE GIANT CAKE

Escape Attempt Foiled as Dessert Is Heard Berating Employee

Just hours after being convicted of all charges related to the sale of her ImClone stock, domestic diva Martha Stewart attempted to flee the country baked inside an enormous pineapple upside-down cake.

The cake, measuring seven feet in diameter, was being shepherded through security at JFK International Airport by two employees of Martha Stewart Omnimedia when security personnel noticed something unusual.

“The cake was talking, real bitchy-like,” one security employee said.

Within minutes, the security staff realized that it was not the cake itself that was talking but rather Ms. Stewart, baked inside the cake and angrily berating an employee on her cell phone.

“I told you to puree those phone logs and whisk them into the chestnut gravy, you moron!” Ms. Stewart could be heard shouting from inside the pineapple dessert. “I’m going down and it’s all your freaking fault!”

After security sliced open the cake and revealed Ms. Stewart inside, a representative for the homemaking mogul said the pineapple upside-down cake incident was entirely proper and had been “blown out of proportion.”

“Ms. Stewart had pre-arranged several months ago to travel out of the country encased in a giant cake,” Ms. Stewart’s spokesman said.

Back at her multimedia company, executives were scrambling to re-format the April issue of Ms. Stewart’s flagship magazine, which will now be called “Martha Stewart Leaving.”

www.borowitzreport.com

#15     Mar 7, 2004
  6. Prosecution against little insiders are to make people believe that SEC is efficient whereas these insiders are eating the cake of BIG INSIDERS which will never be caught or even known.

#16     Mar 7, 2004
  7. Cheese

Cheese

For 'insider' read very successful.

If you make huge heaps and heaps of money sooner or later some blown-up nobody from the time-to-fuck-you-up-agency of government is going to come along and say you can't do that any more .. and maybe even try and put you in a jail cell.

#17     Mar 7, 2004
  8. feeling sorry for martha is silly. she could have gotten off with a small fine in the beginning. her ego wouldnt allow it.
    if you are caught in a crime your best option is to pay the piper and move on. if you want to play hardball the other side might just decide to make an example out of you.

#18     Mar 7, 2004
  9. Cheese

Cheese

vhehn
    Maybe you are right .. she could possibly have got away with a small fine.

Sometimes these investigators want the quarry .. its a game; they want to win at any cost. Nothing to do with justice.

Martha did no more than make some excuses about some piddling alleged insider trading which was dropped by the court any way.

#19     Mar 7, 2004
  10. wrongway

wrongway

To all of you Martha lovers!

I hope she gets the opportunity to redecorate a federal prison and maybe even whip up a real nice custard for her fellow inmates in the kitchen. She is a lying bitch that said on an interview that she would sell her own mother down the river to be put on TV. Bye, Bye Martha, and if she needs somebody to house sit her home in the Hamptons let me know.

She has never played by the rules and it is true "Bad things happen to bad people":cool:

#20     Mar 7, 2004