Thank you martha stewart

Discussion in 'Trading' started by doji, Feb 12, 2004.

1. doji

doji

That was a fun little biopharm ride.

2. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

why is bmy running??? how is it related to imaclone???

3. doji

doji

not sure but if you look pretty much all the biopharms have exactly the same chart right now, check onxx, abgx, etc...

I actually missed out on the imcl fall, didn't realize it till they halted trading and I went and checked my stats, I should've known I was in simmode, no wonder it was so easy to short. On the bright side I managed to catch a couple of the others.

4. Do some research, will ya?

BMY has the rights to "co-market" the drug Erbitux in the United States.

5. pspr

pspr

Gave the market a nice little pop. Too bad it fizzled.

6. Cheese

Cheese

Hopes she gets off. For every successful business entrepreneur there are dozens and dozens of belly aching losers trying to pull that person down on some flimsy crap cry-and-tell pseudo evidence.

IMO of course.

7. pspr

pspr

Probably what will happen is that Martha will go to jail and Michael Jackson will get off.

I hope not, though.

8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY:NYSE - commentary - research), which bought about 20% of ImClone primarily to get in on Erbitux, was recently up 28 cents, or 0.9%, to $30.31.

The dustup is only the latest for ImClone, whose founder, Sam Waksal, is currently serving seven years in prison for insider trading and whose frantic efforts to get out of the stock in December 2001 set off events that led to the Martha Stewart scandal.

did the research... didnt update yet on my wires waggie...

9. gms

gms

That's what got him into trouble in the first place.

10. Cheese

Cheese

Poor Martha has got it in the neck now. Am sorry for her.

Guilty of lying (obstructing justice) in respect of a charge of insider trading which was dropped any how. Life's a bitch ain't it?

Just goes to show .. never say anything at all, stay completely silent when questioned if you are a suspect or are possibly going to become a suspect, whether guilty or innocent.

If she had stayed completely silent with the investigators she would have been home and free now.

All IMHO of course.

#10     Mar 6, 2004