thank you IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by iceman1, Feb 28, 2006.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

I've been with IB almost since they started their retail operations. In that time, IB has saved me thousands of dollars in commissions, has always been fair to me on disputes, has offered an API which allowed me to customize my trading platform to enhance my trading results, and has given me cufflinks, a book, and a hat. I can't thank IB enough - without them I would be much worse off as a retail trader.

#21     Mar 1, 2006
  2. jia, it really is...my cpu usage was very pronounced before I upgraded to tiger and latest java version and although speed now has improved, with every tws upgrade more and more cpu power is necessary...1.2GHz is not enough to handle it; aapl laptops are infamous for high memory and processor usage, even when running simple applets.
    if u don't mind asking, what mac are u trading with?
    tia

#22     Mar 1, 2006
  3. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

Powerbook 1.67. OSX 10.4.5
    1MB memory (with memory, more is better with java apps which are also sloppy with memory; 1MB is fine though)
    Nothing else special.

#23     Mar 1, 2006
  4. Choad

Choad

Strongly agree.

Hey I got the book and hat, but I never got the cufflinks??? :(

#24     Mar 1, 2006
  5. To IB and Medved QT....

Together....you are the best product for retail trading in both price and quality...

Thank you for your vision and contributions to the industry...

You have made the playing field far more level for the professional retail trader....

#25     Mar 1, 2006
  6. I got the book. But how did you get a hat - are they for sale? I'd really like to get an IB hat !

#26     Mar 1, 2006
  7. thank you range !

true story about my late colleague Richard who died way too young in a small plane crash.

#27     Mar 1, 2006
  8. for the avg retail inveestor there is no better broker

#28     Mar 1, 2006
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

It was really early on in IB's existence that I got that. How long have you been a customer? I opened an account with IB a few months after they started retail operations.

#29     Mar 1, 2006
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

#30     Mar 1, 2006