thank you IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by iceman1, Feb 28, 2006.

1. you know what? I gotta agree with your point! :D :D

in essence I'm complimenting a corporation/business for doing exactly what they are paid and contracted to do to the best of their ability. HOWEVER I think we need more patting each other on the back instead on always looking to jump down someone's throat and/or jump to criticize each other for faults. There's a little too much 'bitching' by all of us (me included) in modern society but not enough giving thanks and praise to someone else when it's due!

Many years ago I had a friend/colleague who would always make it his business to compliment (or complain) to anyone or any business he interacted with that he felt warranted his opinion. He mostly praised people for doing a good job.

For example he might go shop at a store or talk with someone in customer service, and feel like he was treated well and given good service/products etc. So he'd take it upon himself to write a letter to that person's company/manager/supervisor as the case may be. The same when he was not pleased. But mostly he looked to compliment.

I will never forget that guy. Class act.

Ice
    :cool:

#11     Feb 28, 2006
  2. just21

just21

www.prorealtime.com is a realtime worldwide quote and charting software that has a mac java version. Free for eod use. Investor/RT is a mac osx and windows realtime backtesting and charting program. www.linnsoft.com

I wonder what I would be doing if it wasn't for the access to worldwide markets that IB offer.

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. range

range

Excellent post, iceman!

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. I use TWS on my Mac laptop and PC's in my office. The mac works fine, but requires an extra step every time you would usually use the right click. Bottom line, I love my mac and wouldn't trade for a windows-based laptop, but in the office, i prefer my PC's. Hope that helps

#14     Feb 28, 2006
  5. IB is the best broker.

Maria

PS IB would be even better when we have a papertrader account for the non-US markets too. (hint, hint)

#15     Mar 1, 2006
  6. def

def Sponsor

consider getting the mac mighty mouse does all that and more. for example, i've got mine set to go to expose all windows when I press the scroll wheel, clear the desk top by holding down the side keys, you can also set it to go to dashboard, switch applications, etc.

Seth and others, thanks for the kind words.

#16     Mar 1, 2006
  7. IB has been rock solid for quite some time now. For the longest
    period I can remember in the last 5 years...:cool:

#17     Mar 1, 2006

8. I am...ibook G4 upgraded ram 768MB.
    it's slow but I luv it, and luv every aapl product.
    will buy tower G5 and 30inch widescreen monitor very soon; a couple of pals of mine have it and are trading through IB...they say it is very very fast...wouldn't go for the new imacs if I was u: too dear and apparently are not as fast as the tower.
    don't switch to windows that's for the masses :D

#18     Mar 1, 2006
  9. yes, forgot...thanks for everything IB.

#19     Mar 1, 2006
  10. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

I use a Mac myself. The TWS works fine although Mac Javas is not quite as fast as PC java. Or to be more specific, it is more of a CPU hog on a Mac.

#20     Mar 1, 2006