Thank you Citigroup for making ETFC a cash machine.

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Dec 7, 2007.

1. You're the one who sounds upset. Your chance to cover was down there...not up here.

I know how to read a balance sheet. lol. That was my whole basis for this. In fact......you do know that the balance sheet is practically worthless right?

Avg is 2.54 btw picked up some @ 2.18.

So make sure you note that for your next attack :)

#51     Jan 8, 2008
  2. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah right! the market is missing something but you have the inside track.
    ROFLMAO:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#52     Jan 8, 2008
  3. lol holy shit, you're quite a piece of work man.

You can't even compare these two trades. CROX was a sympathy play that went horribly wrong. CROX has no value. ETFC does as you'll probably see.

#53     Jan 8, 2008
  4. I do, no joke. It's actually really funny too. :)

#54     Jan 8, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

How many here think etfc goes bankrupt?

#55     Jan 8, 2008
  6. I dont know, noone knows. But that is a possibility.

However i pulled trigger at $2.3 today, risking 15% of my account. The technical still looks like a horror show as i said when it was at 3.8 on another thread. But i think the knife has fallen far enough. It is still more of a calculated gamble than anything though. Anyway here are my reasons:

1) No news other than everyone's favorite citi analyst downgrade/report to cause the drop in the last 2 days

2) Citadel 2.5 billion infusion, in recent history i really havent seen a single case where a savvy hedge fund like citdel invests a huge chunk in a company then the company goes bankrupt a few months later. I will trust citadel's review on the etfc books.

3) Forced margin calls caused a chain reaction when it dropped below $3

4) Etrade, from all the newsletter / announcements just doesnt look like a company going bankrupt. Or they are dug themselves in for a series of lawsuits including criminal ones if it does go boom.

Still hold the belief that as long as etrade does not go bankrupt, the stock price will have to go up. May be dead money for a while, but long term there is upside potential.

This month will be very interesting for etrade!

#56     Jan 8, 2008
  7. Still long. Saw some 2.48's but opted out.

#57     Jan 8, 2008
  8. zdreg

zdreg

big difference between citadel examing books of etfc and bac examing books of cfc.

#58     Jan 8, 2008
  9. What do you mean? Which one is doing a better job in examining the books?

#59     Jan 8, 2008
  10. This POS will pull a VG like trade at .99 and double up one day....

#60     Jan 8, 2008