Thank you Citigroup for making ETFC a cash machine.

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Dec 7, 2007.

1. niteprez

niteprez

i daytraded etfc and i agree with others for long bias
    i dont usually swing at all but i do alot of volume daily
    and one thing i noticed in last 2 weeks is that
    all the market makers were buying at different incidences
    with alot of bull trap plays to cover their shorts and to actually buy.

i can only base my daytrading experience but
    to my best guess, they got in at 3.55 to 3.90 area alot
    it didnt look like the usual daily spread play. it was goldy,ubs,lehman,knight and u name it.. everyone
    they actually bought s**t load there.
    and i feel that when it looks like vicious sell, thats what they want you to think. anyways, in my daytrading years, i've never felt like "hmm.. this is good deal to buy for a swing"
    i can be dead wrong but
    i'll take a chance
    i would definitely buy some on the next pullback if there's any
    :D

#11     Dec 9, 2007
  2. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

If the Fed cut's .50 basis .. etrade should ride back to 5....... rate cut == etrade added value

#12     Dec 9, 2007
  3. Why not 10 or 11?! I mean maybe Bill Gates will buy them and include E-Trade with their Windows package next year.

I dont mean to be rude, but have you glanced over a balance sheet before? Instead of giving me your 'opinion' which is quite laughable why dont you tell me WHY etrade is worth 5 or 6. Maybe i'll change my mind. Who knows.

#13     Dec 9, 2007
  4. More $ to the longs today.

#14     Dec 10, 2007
  5. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

dont worry about the "balance sheet" right now.. The tide is lifting If they are acquired, the balance sheet wont mean anything, they have a great franchise.
    remember we just had an investor put 2.5 billion dollars into this. do u think he checked the balance sheet before a bough 2.5 billion dollars worth? Im going with him.. I just wish i would have been picking up others like PMI ABK.. they will be back. buy on the dips..

i own ETFC, HOV, and a bunch of others down very near the bottom,,,

#15     Dec 10, 2007
  6. You think Citadel would accept a 12% note from etrade if they thought they were going out of business? Nope. I agree with your thinking here.

#16     Dec 10, 2007
  7. We're still in the government can save us stage. Maybe they can, maybe they wont be able to. Only time will tell.

#17     Dec 10, 2007
  8. Well sweet. Tomorrow you should see a new bottom.

Consider averaging down then.

In addition, you may want to learn how to read a balance sheet. I mean....to make money in this game you should probably do at least a little homework.

Solid day today huh? ;)

#18     Dec 11, 2007
  9. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Uh actually yes today was a very good day for me! i took profits about 2 pm. .. ill be back in wed morning... the do it all over again... but yes a took profits .. not to say these r going higher.. do u really think because we didnt get .25 percent more of a cut that was the reason why these stocks sold off? I'm sure you do because you watch CNBC all day and listen to those morons. your r into your balance sheets... let me give you a tip. its called profit taking..
    The housing report the last 2 times has been very positive.. Those reports make the difference !!!! keep on eye one THEM!!!.

#19     Dec 11, 2007
  10. Looking at how expensive/conservative E*Trade's brokerage service is, they'd have to be doing something really wrong not to be making a profit. Examples: base commission for non-active traders is $12.99 (plus .5 cents/share for extended hours), not $10 or $11 like most others. Their platform costs $99.95/month, plus $60 for openbook. They list 900 stocks with maintenance requirements of 50% or more. When I withdraw money via ACH, it always takes 2 business days between when it's deducted from my account and when it shows up at the bank; other brokers do it in 1 business day.

#20     Dec 14, 2007