Thank you Bernanke. For laying a Bear Trap.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 19, 2008.

1. The problem is they are trying to prevent a recession at all cost during an election year. They are doing all these nonsense just to buy votes.

#11     Mar 19, 2008
  2. All Bernanke did was cut rates, he was not the idiot that pushed the market higher 400 points.

Everyone blames Bernanke for everything right or wrong in the market. It is all the idiots and pros trading daily that pushed us up and then down today. Blaming Bernanke is like blaming the NFL commissioner for a badly played football game.

#12     Mar 19, 2008
  3. Please tell me what your experience is in the financial markets ( and for how long ) in order to give some credibility to your claims above that Bernanke has "a lot of learning to do".

Given the tremendous magnitude of the DEFLATIONARY pressure hitting the commercial banking system in our Country, what would you suggest that Bernanke do . . . allow the Economy to continue heading South and potentially into a Depression?

The banking system is at the forefront of economic growth. Without "good" collateral on a bank's balance sheet, there is no capital available for investment; no loan creation for companies to grow, hire workers, buy new equipment, technology, etc.

This is basic Econ 101.

If banks are unable to loan money due to "bad" collateral on the books, what do you suggest will be the driver of economic growth in a $13.7 TRILLION dollar economy?

#13     Mar 19, 2008
  4. Well KingOfShorts, how are those shorts coming today? Today we had good volume and a good move. Bear rally? Maybe, but not until we get to 1420. Do you have enough coin to last that long?

#14     Mar 20, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

can anyone tell me what is going to be the catalyst to get the s&p 500 back to 1420+

#15     Mar 20, 2008
  6. Sure, a double bottom that the bears could not penentrate. It's now time to test resistance. First 1380 and then 1420.

#16     Mar 20, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

thats it, a double bottom that the bears could not penentrate or do you mean the both times the fed stepped in to save it......

Even if we get past 1380 and 1420 do you actually think its going to reach new highs with an economy the way it is, growth is slowing and will continue to slow for the next few years. This economy is not going to have the same growth as it did for the last 5 years, this time is different, you dont have big piggy banks driving the economy this time around.

#17     Mar 20, 2008
  8. I never said we are going to reach new highs. We might, but who knows for sure. I just know this is a good time to be bullish. The bullish % has been moving up even while the market was going down.

And as I mentioned to you before. When you have this much bad news and the market cannot penentrate its previous low for whatever reason, THE MARKET IS GOING TO GO UP. I've been trying to tell you this for the last week. You keep saying the market should be trading at 11000, and I keep telling you if it should be and it's not THAT OUGHT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.

#18     Mar 20, 2008
  9. Never fight the Easter Bunny! :cool:

#19     Mar 20, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

never said the market should be trading anywhere what I did say is that without the federal reserve stepping and saving the market every 2 weeks for the last 6 months we would have a market down probably 20-30%. I dont think the market has put in a bottom yet, these rallies are occuring in a bear market, that is why we are seeing this type of volatility, I would not be surprised to see the dow down 150 monday morning, and then back up another 100 on tuesday, the market is in a very tight trading range and until it breaks out we are going to see wild swings up and down.

#20     Mar 20, 2008