Thank Goodness for the PPT

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Minime, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo

Why did that happen?

Supply and demand. Conspiracy theories are more fun though.

#71     Jan 2, 2003
  2. Jeffo

Jeffo

You have it backwards!!!

"The Fed, in concert with secret societies and elitists groups such as the Council on Foreign Relations, have already orchestrated the coming financial crash. When will it happen? Very soon, for to achieve the New World Order they desire, the economy of the United States must be destroyed."

How else can you explain the markets going down so much over the last 3 years!!!

#72     Jan 2, 2003
  3. Ditch

Ditch

What figure came out on Friday then at 10:00 am, i thought it was CC?

#73     Jan 2, 2003
  4. In all seriousness I just trade: up, buy; down, sell. Simple.

It's just an interesting conversation to participate in when youv'e been doing this for a while and have seen some truly miraculous "saves". Nuff said from me on this subject!

Figures, I take the day off and it's a good one!; oh well back to biz tommorrow.

Hope you are doing well today

David

#74     Jan 2, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

i quit at 11:00 am, no need to enter the chop zone, thanks PPT.

#75     Jan 2, 2003
  6. Yes, I went long about a week after the markets re-opened. I went REAL LONG, if you know what I mean! :eek: I closed out half the positions. I am right around breakeven.

#76     Jan 2, 2003
  7. DT-waw

DT-waw

10 Jan 2002
    Dec non-farm payrolls -101K ; +20K expected. Prior -88K revised from -40K. After moderate down move at the open - big rally... I just want to say it is strange for me.

#77     Jan 10, 2003
  8. Jeffo

Jeffo

The market was strong yesterday. Jobs data is a lagging indicator that fluctuates a lot. Doesn't seem strange to me. If there was any manipulation here it was the "over-reaction" to the downside at the open.

#78     Jan 10, 2003
  9. Fluctuates alot? -100K vs. expectations of +20-30K? You are so naive....all the ingredients for a 4th down year are in place, who do think is buying? Mutual fund cash is 4.4% vs. 11% in 1990, 12.5% in 1982; why do you think the markets just hold ground and don't go anywhere? Everyone is bullish, and fully invested, not the ideal scenario. You don't find it odd, that with every awful data point we rally. Come on boy!

No I did not profit from todays action, I slept thru the open.

David

#79     Jan 10, 2003
  10. Jeffo

Jeffo

Silly me! I hope someday I can aquire your great wisdom and market knowledge.

#80     Jan 10, 2003