Thank Goodness for the PPT

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Minime, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

Jack, i was referring to the propping up of the stock market.

#31     Jan 2, 2003
  2. Ditch

Ditch

one could make a living only trading the release of Consumer confidence (short) and ISm (long):cool:

#32     Jan 2, 2003
  3. I do this almost exclusively of late; CC=Short RLX; ISM=Long CYC...works almost always! Gotta be creative.

Good trading in 2003!

#33     Jan 2, 2003
  4. Jeffo

Jeffo

Jack, i was referring to the propping up of the stock market.

Propping up the market? Have you looked at a daily chart for the last 3 years?

#34     Jan 2, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

Where do you think that rally after 9/11 came from?

#35     Jan 2, 2003
  6. Without the PPT the DOW would be at 5000, the SP at 475 or so, and the Nazz at about 850, the PPT is supporting the markets to avoid a complete meltdown in Consumer Confidence (See Tues), and they are trying to bide time for the "fundamentals" to kick in...biz spending, better EPS, etc, the consumer is wiped, the SP should have broke 865ish on Tues...but PPT can't let that happen...now miraculously we are 30 points higher....are you that clueless? Use the PPT to your advantage! I know I do.

Check out the aftermath of the 1920s crash, DOW gave back 90% of its prior gains, but no PPT back then, SP has only given back 50% of its gains , from the biggest bubble ever!

Why do you think that's the case? Ponder that.

#36     Jan 2, 2003
  7. Ditch

Ditch

You 're absolutely right, i don't care if those statistics are screwed , llearned the hard way not to bother, just follow the move, today's rally was a textbook move, 4 waves of 6 to 8 pts, the money is just sitting there for the taking:)

#37     Jan 2, 2003
  8. Jeffo

Jeffo

Where do you think that rally after 9/11 came from?

People buying stocks. If the "PPT" did their job they wouldn't have gone down so far the week after 9/11.

#38     Jan 2, 2003
  9. Jeffo

Jeffo

Without the PPT the DOW would be at 5000, the SP at 475 or so, and the Nazz at about 850

If you can know things like that you must be very very rich.

#39     Jan 2, 2003
  10. He is.

So rich in fact, that he can afford to spend his whole day posting on ET.

#40     Jan 2, 2003