Thank Goodness for the PPT

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Minime, Dec 30, 2002.

1. jem

jem

So QQQball your want to buy my house in Carlsbad?

#21     Dec 31, 2002
  2. Don't know how long youv'e been at this ...but if you don't believe in the PPT by now, you are incredibly naive.

I can recall countless days when it looked like we would break hard..only to reverse...who do you think is stepping up to the plate? Come on now...be honest! We all know the Nikkei has been rigged for about 10 years now; do you think it's any different here???

If you want, I can recall 10- 20 specific times over the past 3 years if you like that we have been "rescued" by the PPT...it DOES exist...unlike Santa Claus who did not show his chubby face this year..go back to the 1920s and you will see that 2003 is going to be another down year...the parallel is playing out to perfection! 1929-32...4 down years in a row....wanna bet???? on 2003! I will!...DOWN!!!

PM if you need evidence!

Happy New Year...Jeffo!

#22     Jan 1, 2003
  3. Minime

Minime

Its actual name is the "Working Group on Financial Markets" which has as members: the secretary of the treasury, the chairmen of the Federal Reserve Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

In the event of a financial crisis, each federal agency with a seat at the table of the Working Group has a confidential plan. At the SEC, for example, the plan is called the "red book" because of the color of its cover. It is officially known as the Executive Directory for Market Contingencies. The major U.S. stock markets have copies of the commission's plan as well as the CFTC's.

#23     Jan 1, 2003
  4. Absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24     Jan 1, 2003
  5. Jeffo

Jeffo

I can recall countless days when it looked like we would break hard..only to reverse...who do you think is stepping up to the plate?

I can see you are true believers so nothing I say will change your mind. That's how the market works on its own. If there was a PPT they've done a TERRIBLE job. I suppose it's a good excuse for bad trades. Reminds me of the people who claim "it must be aliens" for anything they can't explain.

#25     Jan 1, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

This is a mukti trillion dollar business and you think that it's free of manipulation? geeh...

#26     Jan 1, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

If there is one Investement advice that I would ever listen to, it is this.

nitro

#27     Jan 1, 2003
  8. Minime

Minime

How high can we climb on those ISM numbers?

#28     Jan 2, 2003
  9. How high do you want to go? All I have to do is pick up my red telephone. We will pull all the Bids and jump on the Ask side. Just give me the word.

#29     Jan 2, 2003
  10. >>This is a multi trillion dollar business and you think that it's free of manipulation? <<

Now please tell me who would be dumping their own house in order to get the prices down ?

The only party who could possibly see merit in a housing downturn would be the government.

That would surely hardly be their desire in the present economic climate.

Every other BIG interest wants the building and selling to go on and on and on.

Jack

#30     Jan 2, 2003