Thank god the French don't have March madness:Newt Gingrich

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Newt Gingrich has slammed Barack Obama for his lack of leadership over Libya as Western jets - led by France - bombed Muammar Gaddafi's forces today.

The former House Speaker, who is considering a presidential run in 2012, mocked Mr Obama yesterday for publicising his Final Four pics as Libyan rebels battled for their country.

When asked about the UN resolution authorising military intervention in Libya, Mr Gingrich blasted the President, who publicised his picks for the winner's of this year's March Madness college basketball tournament earlier this week.

'I was, frankly, very disappointed that [Nicolas] Sarkozy did not share with us his Final Four picks,' Mr Gingrich told reporters.

'And i think it's his failure to understand the Final Four that allowed him to focus on Libya.

'Clearly, if he had understood the American system he would have understood that his is not a good week to deal with Libya because this is the week to deal with Kansas, Ohio State, and, you know, things that were really important.'

http://www.dail*****.co.uk/news/art...rich-bashes-Obamas-lack-leadership-Libya.html

2. pspr

pspr

Well, you can forgive Obama. When you're planning for your first trip to Rio and it's going to be on the taxpayers dime it's hard to let a little skirmish in the middle east and a major earth quake, tsunami and nuclear melt down distract you. Go a head and enjoy yourself, Mr. President. I'm sure all these world tragedies will turn out just fine with out your watchful eye. After all, we are just another country. Nothing special about us.

3. Ricter

Ricter

He can stfu, most folks think the US has got enough on the go right now. Let Pierre handle this one.